1st appointments, help!

nmf1987

Reaction score
hi all,

i have calledmy gp who has said he no longer needs to see me and i just need to see the midwife. he gave me a number for medway hospital and sittingbourne hospital. saying that i should arrange with a midwife.

im abit worried as when i call it is an answer phone asking me to leave loads of details and they will get back to me.

does anyone know any other good plans of action as i dont want them to 'accidently' miss the message etc.

sorry this is all new to me and when my sister was pregnant 2 years ago she saw the gp who contact the midwife etc for her.

xxxx

It's all so different everywhere hun!

I didn't have to see my GP either but they did fax my details to a midwife who has sent me the details for my first app.

I would just leave a message every day until you get a call back. If you get on their nerves they soon call you! lol

xxx

Aww I'm sure they will ring you back - if they don't, I'd just keep leaving messages and pestering until they did! If your GP won't do the referring I think that might be your only choice :(

I only saw the midwife. Seems its quite normal. Took her two weeks to ring me back, and I had phoned twice. Basically, they don't tend to see you till about 7/8 weeks as risk of miscarriage drops a bit by then, so from a cynical point of view, they don't waste their time until you're a bit further on. Just hang in there. She'll get back to you. If she doesn't, I'd ring back in a week. Xx

My first appointment is booked for when I am 10 weeks, so I would phone and leave a message and if they don't call you back by the end of the week then call them beginning of next xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back