16 weeks, feeling a little crummy to be honest

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd share how my pregnancy feels at this stage.

Well morning sickness is still twice a morning every morning STILL. Not going to see the back of it I don't think!

The last few days I've had headaches and I NEVER suffer with headaches, and also I have had constipation (thanks for advice, worked s treat) and just climbing the stairs or having a shower makes me feel very dizzy, like I've just gone for a sprint sort of feeling.

Sorry to complain, I know my body is up to some fascinating things and my heart is pworking in overdrive, but I'll be honest, I don't like being pregnant very much! Going to be a lot happier when my little one is born!

Feel free to share your pregnancy symptoms below, I'd quite like to hear how everyone else is going! X

Sounds like you are dehydrated. Drink lots of water - easier said than done I know! Water made me feel so queasy that I didn't want to drink at all.
For me, the most s***ty time was around 15 weeks too and I was in tears most of the time feeling like it would never end. But it did get better eventually. :hugs:

Sounds like you are dehydrated. Drink lots of water - easier said than done I know! Water made me feel so queasy that I didn't want to drink at all.
For me, the most s***ty time was around 15 weeks too and I was in tears most of the time feeling like it would never end. But it did get better eventually. :hugs:

Lol thanks, ithink I probably am. Water makes me feel extremely sick but I'm going to have to drink it I guess! X

I'm sixteen weeks too :) My emotions are all over the place right now which is to be expected. Feeling down is normal during pregnancy. I felt really down last week but i am excited now as in two weeks i get to find out the gender!!!

I hope that reassures you :)

Thanks honey, I am feeling a bit stuffy about it really, not too excited today. I have days where I'm over the moon and stuff but I'm just not feeling the love today. X

I have days when I just want to cry and shout at everyone, and usually end up doing that!! Everytime I stand up I have to hold onto somethign cos I feel dizzy, and talking and walking at the same time gets me really out of breath. It's hard work being pregnant!!

I really hope your sickness starts to get better, does your midwife have any tips on easing it?

Hey hun, hope things get better for you soon, my morning sickness has just eased off, still have the odd bout of throwing up but no nausea, maybe ask your midwife? (though mine was useless lol)

Lol my midwife is scary!! I am seeing her next week I think then I can ask her, just presume it's quite normal! I know I moan about it a lot but ive really just got to accept it. Such hard woRk! X

I don't have morning sickness at all (never had too) but have horrible constipation (whatever I eat), so bad that last week I didn't poo for 5 days and felt really bad because my belly was going to explode (so painful) :( hopefully this week will be better.

your not alone trust me!! As you know i have alot of days where i feel exactly the same as you and to be honest, im not enjoying being pregnant either!

just recently i have been getting bad headaches, stomach cramps, constipation (any tips on how to ease this?!) and generally feeling like crap

but then there are days where i feel happy, excited and have no symptoms at all... i guess we have to take the good with the bad and get on with it!!

chin up hun, i think our hormones and emotions have alot to do with it all aswell as the nasty symptoms

Hi hun, I was sick till about 16 weeks but it has got better just get tired so easily! Too be hionest understand where you are coming from feeling a bit down and not excited - I was exactly the same everyone thought I should be jumping with joy but to be honest its only now I feel that I am excited and cant wait!! Think we go through so many changes and haave to adapt so quickly! Hopefully you will feel better soon xoxo

Thanks girls... It actually annoys and upsets me when people are like "you should be over the moon" an they haven't been through the pregnancy thing, and have no idea how different you can feel to normal life! They all say "ooh you just wait til it's born with no sleep and screaming then you'll have something to moan about" well to be honest I'd much rather feel human again with a baby of my own than feel like this! Lol. I do understand some people really embrace and love being pregnant but I really am not one of them, I wish family and friends would accept that. And random strangers. Lol. X

I am so glad to read this, I have been the same.

especially with the headaches and constipation :roll:

I take it from the ladies further in to tri2 that it will get better? can you all remember feeling shitty around this time too?

yes the worst time for me was between 12-16 weeks xx

Hang in there Lexi, My sickness stopped with my bos at 20 weeks each time, just cause you have it still doesn't mean you will def have this for the whole 40 weeks

I have been lucky with sickness this time,compared to my upchuck days with my kids, just naseau, but it's still there, hope it goes soon, but really its very doable anyway this time

Do you know I would recomend caffeine free tea for all ladies in TTC and tri 1, as with my other pregnancys , including the one I lost in March , my skin went mad and I got all spotty, more than normal, as never had great skin.

Then after the MC I changed to Caffeine free tea to try to help prevent another one, and no skin issues at all this time, and for the first time ever in any pregnancy, people have said I am blooming!!!!

I can't believe all my skin issues for years since 15 onwards, could be due to drinking tea!!! bet they are
Might help the sickness too as only been actually sick twice this time!, and my worst sickness was a few weeks ago at end of july as struggling at work and drank caffine tea (loads) at work for a full week, and felt as sick as a dog!!

Lexi - are you drinking lots caffinee?

Last edited:
Interesting about the caffiene.. Decaf tea I could do as I drink tea for tea taste anyway..

But decaf coffee is pointless to me LOL I dont like the taste of coffee, Only instant, and only one brand, and has to have LOADS of milk and 4 sugars to hide the bitter bit Lol. Only drink it to wake me up in the morning >.<

I don't have any symptoms at the moment so that is somehting that you can look forward to haven't had any since aboout 18 weeks! On the negative side though I do ache like buggery in the morning in my ribs and my lower back from all the stretching but am hungry all the time and other than aches and tiredness I would think I am imagining my pregnancy so fingers crossed its a couple more weeks til you get some relief from the sickness and headaches!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back