10 month old lunch idea...

shootingstar22

Reaction score
....really stuck on this now. E loves her food and really puts it away...but know we are well past the toast and scrambled egg route and need some more ideas. She occasionally has grilled cheese on toast or soft cheese on toast, piece of fruit and a yogurt. Need some other ideas now too....

So...ideas please ladies!

Soup, arancini (left over risotto made into sticks and fried/grilled), sushi balls with mozzarella cheese/ham/salmon in middle, boiled egg with soldiers (hard boiled egg), home made pizza, all kinds of sandwiches, jacket potatoes x x hope this helps x x

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

See I was going to start with the old sandwich route but was struggling with fillings. Dh doesn't want to give her jam because of the sugar....so other than cheese and ham I got stuck! Lol

Usually she has everything we hve, minus salt/sugar etc. but it's hard when we have something that she can't have...

Have u Seen the *what did ur lo eat today?* thread???
That always gives me good ideas!

...filled pitta bread (greated carrot and hummous goes down well with my lo)
Home made fish and chicken goujons
Home made beans with jacket pots
Omlegtes
Cheesy pasta
Risotto

Xx

You could have;
Tuna mayo
Egg mayo
Beef
Chicken
Cheese
Cheese spread
As sandwich fillings.
We also do tortilla wrap sandwiches and quesadilla's by cutting a large tortilla wrap into quarters, adding ham and cheese to one quarter and then putting another quarter on top and cooking in a dry hot griddle pan. It's an alternative to cheese on toast.

Oh helen i will be trying the tortilla sandiwch with my lo tomorrow thankyou aounds lush!

As for sandwiches i give (sorry if i repeat whats been said)
Tuna mixed with philadelphia
Salmon paste
Samon and cucumber
Tuna and cucumber
Grated carrot and hummous
Dairylea
Cheese and pickle
Chicken and stuffing (wasnt too keen tho)
Peanut butter (one of his faves)
I havent given jam in a sandwich but use low sugar jam in his porridge

Oh helen i will be trying the tortilla sandiwch with my lo tomorrow thankyou aounds lush!

It always goes down really well x x

helen might try the arancini ........phil and i have risotto quite often but we make it really early so j can have some but it will be nice to know that we can do something slightly different with the 'left overs'. !! thanks thats a great idea! xx

Arancini are absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Ill be scoffing my face with them when we go to italy on tuesaday!!!! Nom nom

Thanks girls!

I was looking at the salmon paste earlier...didn't know if she was ok young what about pâté? And the other pastes you can buy, are they all ok for her to have?

joshua has any paste........the only thing with j is tht if it has nuts in we try to keep him away but hes already had food intolerances so we're trying to put nuts off etc...but any other paste i think is fine...?!?

I use other pastes too vut salmon is his fave! His burps are gros all afternoon tho!

ooh good lunch ideas here , I had never heard of arancini either!!

I useally have homemade soup and bread with devon, after a lady on here sugessted it, and he loves it. He never eats enougth when I do sarnies and goes hungry all afternoon, trying to broaden his flavor range with brought soupls too, but he prefers mine, bless him

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back