9 month old food ideas

toni64539

Reaction score
Hi there

Motherhood wouldn't be motherhood without stressing over something right?

I'm just struggling so much with what to give Solomon, there seems to be so many do's and donts I can't keep up and im running out of ideas???? Heres what he usually has:

Brekkie: wheatabix with fruit or readybrek with fruit or toast

Lunch : veggies with mash lentils or the odd bit of meat followed by yogurt & fruit

Tea: same as above, maybe with pasta, rice or cheese followed by baby rice pudding with fruit

I worry about giving him anything different because of salt/sugar content and gluten content, what else can I give him to help him put on weight but healthily!!! He does sometimes have baby rice cakes/corn snacks but he is a bit naff with finger foods. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x x

Not sure about healthy sounds like you're already doing the healthy stuff. Rice and pasta are actually quite fattening.

Charlie used to manage minced beef bolognese with mash at this age so long as the lumps are very small, used to make it salt-less then add it to our meal after. Even used to give him my home made curry before the salt and chili powder went in.

I cook all of Jack's food and he has a huge variety of meals. Most of which we have too.

I give him a veggie dish for lunch which would be:

Cauliflower & Broccoli cheese (his fave)
Mushroom & tomato gnocchi
Sweet potato, tomato & cheese pasta
Sweet potato & bean bake
Macaroni cheese with spinach.

He then has a chew on a piece of fruit (banana is his fave at the mo)

For dinner he has a meat or fish dish, he has things like:

Spaghetti bolognaise
Lamb cassarole
Chicken stew
salmon mash & veg
fish pie & veg
pork, potatoes & veg
shephards pie

He'll have a yoghurt for pudding

I forgot to mention that he has a fruit pot an hour after lunch everyday to make sure he's full ready for his afternoon nap.

He's also pretty useless with finger foods hence the fruit after lunch which is mainly for practise, everything else (except wotsits ... shh) gets thrown on the floor! x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back