Lunch time meals for a 7 month old

abcd1234

Reaction score
I need ideas on what i can make for Tally for her lunch. Most weekdays she's with the childminder for lunch so it has to be something i can make in advance really as i cant really ask her to cook for her.

I'm kinda after food which is seen as a lunch time food as she has a big meal with us at dinner time.

ATM she's taking the baby powdered meals with her which you just add water to, and although she loves them i cant really afford to buy them constantly plus they don;t make them with bits in so she's not getting any variety. I don't want to buy jars, when we offered her one before she totally rejected it.

We're not following any weaning guidelines, just going with what she wants so ideas from all camps are welcome, she can eat some food by herself, sausages, chips (though she's only had them twice lol), bananas, bread, and other roasted vegetables, and the usual biscuits and chocolate lol.

Becky has her main meal with us too so at lunch she usually has some sort of sandwich (I vary between best of both and wholemeal bread) with something like laughing cow, humous or cheese on it. Sometimes I just do pitta with melted cheese (even though it goes cold) in it. Sometimes if she isn't having cheese I'll give her little cubes of cheese too. Usually she has a plain yoghurt or fruit like blueberries, banana, pear, cherry tomatoes or a plum; basically whatever is going!

:wave:

For lunch Cooper has pittas with hummus, cream cream or dairylea, with baby tomatoes. Beans on toast ( the reduced salt and sugar heniz ones) Omelete with cheese and spinach. Followed byy fruit and/or yoghurt. He also loves babybels. If i was you i'd just make a lunch box up with some sandwiches and a snack and have a big meal for tea :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back