£1.99 Chicken from Tesco

did any of you see Hugh fernley whitingstalls chicken run!!???

Thought it was great, but also its the town I grew up in so I could spot people I knew, my mums house, etc he-he.

I think he put his point across really well and put himself through hell to do so. I was embarrassed with some of the very rude and ignorant people he came across too.

Think to yourself if you were a chicken which life would you rather have!!!???

lulu said:
did any of you see Hugh fernley whitingstalls chicken run!!???

Thought it was great, but also its the town I grew up in so I could spot people I knew, my mums house, etc he-he.

I think he put his point across really well and put himself through hell to do so. I was embarrassed with some of the very rude and ignorant people he came across too.

Think to yourself if you were a chicken which life would you rather have!!!???

Yeah I watched every episode and found it really eye opening. Its crazy some of the attitudes of people. A lot of it is just resistance to change - for whatever reason, lots of people just dont like change! Im sure that all those poor battery farmed chickens would welcome it though...

I watched every episode too. I thought it was really good. Some people are just unfazed by stuff........................that Hayley didn't show an onuce of compassion when she went in the factory farm. Her little boy though was well upset, bless him :hug:

I know that Hayley, Knew the family for years. She used to be in the army. She is a bit of a loud, butch thing. Not the most pleasant of people. (hope she isnt on here lol) :shhh: :?

And as for the people in the pub they asked, of all the people they could have asked!!!! :shakehead:

Could I also point out that I too didn't mean offence to anyone. This was just my opinion too.

I do apologise lou that I didn't quote you.

I also apologise that my thoughts were seen as an over reaction, I shall do as my husband says and remeber when to keep my mouth shut :wink:

Sorry Chezabell but was that aimed at my apology?

If so why?

Sweetcheeks ..Thanks for posting that article, it was really interesting :)

Id just like to point out that not everyone can afford nice free range chickens, I for one cant and you dont see me filling up my trolley with junk food and then standing at the fag counter or buying other shit that I dont need!! I REALLY couldnt afford to eat free range all the time.

I dont buy meat from the supermarket for a start, I buy from my butchers which is alot cheaper than Tesco. I cant afford supermarket meat and imo its so much better from the butchers.

As for the £1.99 chickens, Im divided as to how I feel about it. Yes they look awful with their bruised elbows/wings and you can tell they've been treated so crap but I think if you are on a tight budget and trying to feed a family then you shouldn't feel bad about taking advantage of the offer.

I wouldnt agree that you may as well just go buy a battered sausage from the chippy LOL :lol: If you are teaching a child about nutrition then I think you need to offer them a varied diet and if they never eat chicken in their life because the family cant afford free range then they're bound to develop a very unhealthy attitude towards food and end up obese and living outside the chippy because Mum says battered sausages are healthier than chicken. You could teach them that its better to buy free range but I think the sausage vs the chicken is a bit extreme :lol:

If you have money to eat really well then thats great but in the real world not everyone does and that doesnt mean that they have habits or are lazy.

I was chatting to my Mum about eating a healthy diet on a budget. She was telling me about the cheaper cuts of meat that people often ignore like Brisket of Beef. Well I went and bought some brisket yesterday and had the nicest dinner EVER. I braised it with every type of veg you could think of, slow cooked for 3 hours. I could've fed 4 people easily on a piece of meat for £2.50 - True Story 8)

Ok sorry, was just checking to see if anyone had actually read the apology, hence the people who took offence :)

Anyhow, apologies again, new day, sunshine smiles everywhere, as far as I'm concerned opinion is buried dead & gone, have a good day everyone & enjoy the sunshine :D

Tillytots said:
If you are teaching a child about nutrition then I think you need to offer them a varied diet and if they never eat chicken in their life because the family cant afford free range then they're bound to develop a very unhealthy attitude towards food and end up obese and living outside the chippy

***edit*** I've deleted what I said about this because although I took offence because Isaac is veggie I re-read the whole post and I think I took tillytots comments the wrong way.

Sorry tillytots :)

kirlykird said:
I think she meant thread :D

Well if she did mean the whole thread then to come on and roll eyes after people have taken time to post long replies and share their opinions is out of order.

yes I do eat cheap chicken because to be honest, i buy everything cheap - from toilet roll to meat!

But I must say, i was shopping with my sister the other day and I said "I'd like to try free range chicken one day" so one day I will put the extra money and get free range chicken and who knows, I might decide ro eat free range only from then on.

D'you know what! next time we go shopping I WILL buy free range. :dance:

I just buy whatever chicken's on the shelf, but it's usually just the normal ones for like £3/£4 or whatever so I spose they're not free range.

*meh*

Doubt I've ever had a free range chicken then.

lou said:
kirlykird said:

Well if she did mean the whole thread then to come on and roll eyes after people have taken time to post long replies and share their opinions is out of order.

Have you taken my stress pill today? :wink:

Just kidding,the problem here is everyone has their own opinion. Although I apologised for my thread for any offence it caused I still stand by my opinion that people can't be accused of not being arsed as a general type cast. I was berated publically by yourself & J-Do but I am just saying it was an opinion of mine as was Tillytots. & chezabell. I am sure that she didn't mean any offence it was taken wrongly as was the statement that J-do made by myself.

I think you are over reacting slightly with the replies to Chezabell & Tillytots threads.

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause offence here or cause problems but sometimes your opinion isn't that of others & that doesn't make either of you wrong.

Just calm down ladies, there isn't enough mud around to slling today :wink:

Now remember ladies, smiles & sunshine :D

kirlykird said:
lou said:
kirlykird said:

Have you taken my stress pill today? :wink:

Just kidding,the problem here is everyone has their own opinion. Although I apologised for my thread for any offence it caused I still stand by my opinion that people can't be accused of not being arsed as a general type cast. I was berated publically by yourself & J-Do but I am just saying it was an opinion of mine as was Tillytots. & chezabell. I am sure that she didn't mean any offence it was taken wrongly as was the statement that J-do made by myself.

I think you are over reacting slightly with the replies to Chezabell & Tillytots threads.

Sorry, I'm not trying to cause offence here or cause problems but sometimes your opinion isn't that of others & that doesn't make either of you wrong.

Just calm down ladies, there isn't enough mud around to slling today :wink:

Now remember ladies, smiles & sunshine :D

:rotfl: @ stress pill. If only you knew how true that was :rotfl: (yes I am officially a stresshead)

....and yeah I know what your saying, we all spit our dummies sometimes hey, thats life. I did kick off about what tillytots said but I re-read the post she made and edited my post because I did over react. And I only said you were over reacting because you seemed to come on guns blazing, but then I'm the queen of guns blazing so who am I to talk :roll: :rotfl:

Women eh?!?! And I'm not even preggo :roll:

lou said:
zebrastripes said:
In my personal opinion-I'd rather cook Willow's stinky nappies than eat a chicken that wasn't free range

Remind me never to come to your house for dinner :shock:

:rotfl:

I know :puke: dont bother coming over for the scottish meet, definately dont bring a packed lunch :rotfl: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back