zebrastripes

Kimbo

Reaction score
:wave: hope u dont mind...
were thinking of going to Ireland in August/september.. we were wondering where the nicest place is and if there are any holiday parks??

I'm from Ireland too - hope you don't mind me gatecrashing!!!! are you thinking of going to the north or south?

jills10uk said:
I'm from Ireland too - hope you don't mind me gatecrashing!!!! are you thinking of going to the north or south?

i don't know :oops: :oops: lol ive no idea about ireland but my mums always wanted to go!

i've been to co kerry (Dingle) and it was lovely :) that's all though, that's the only place i've been to in Ireland.. :D

up north we have Belfast (tho i work in belfast so hate it!!), we have giants causeway which is good to visit and the north coast is a lovely drive. the south has lovely countryside and Dublin is amazing imho - i guess it depends whether you want big cities or touring about the countryside.

COME TO MY HOUSE lol. Personally I think where I live (the Ards Peninsula, by Strangford Lough) is one of the most beautiful places, thought I may be slightly biased...

I wouldn't go anywhere mid-Ulster as it can be a bit grim. jills10uk is right about the North coast though, and the Giants Causeway is a must-see

If you're thinking of down south, Dublin is brilliant if you want to be in a city. I would say it is better than Belfast as there's more in it.

I've always loved Donegal, it's beautiful. Carlingford is nice too, my parents went there for a few days only the other week.

& Ireland is as a rule really nice & we are quite welcoming of visitors these days (industry has gone to boot, and there's nothing else but tourism, oops)

zebrastripes said:
Carlingford

Carlingford is gorgeous......but its next to Newry and thats shite hahahaah! I dont mind Dundalk but its not really very holiday like......ermmmmm also Carlingford is kinda in the middle so you can go to Dublin and Belfast :)

thanks very much for the replies
we deffinately want a beach and were more after a caravan site or holidaya park.
and we'd like to stay east so theres not much driving when we get off the ferry

Kimbo said:
thanks very much for the replies
we deffinately want a beach and were more after a caravan site or holidaya park.
and we'd like to stay east so theres not much driving when we get off the ferry

Oh gosh you really should come down here then...you can't walk out the door without tripping over a caravan site, or a beach :lol:

i agree with zeb - the ards pennisula is fab and loaded with caravan parks and beaches. youve also got mount stewart (nice national trust place) and the portaferry aquarium there too :) oh and across on the ferry to strangford and you can visit killyleagh castle where i got married :D

jills10uk said:
i agree with zeb - the ards pennisula is fab and loaded with caravan parks and beaches. youve also got mount stewart (nice national trust place) and the portaferry aquarium there too :) oh and across on the ferry to strangford and you can visit killyleagh castle where i got married :D

have you been going to the jazz in the park at mount stewart? It's brilliant. Plus, you lucky thing, killyleagh castle is gorgeous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back