sun holidays in devon... devon people please help! :)

well for the last 3 years we've have had 4 day breaks in paignton in a little b & b, and despite the chilly weather it was lovely.

We had a lovely stroll into torquay and had a cream tea on the front.
then we went to the sea life place there.

plus paignton zoo was fantastic i loved it!!!!! :lol:

So would defin be on my list :wink:

I like Exmouth - it's really nice to walk along the beach (& v pram friendly as flat) but it's quite isolated from other places.

Brixham is nice - I am biased as I live here - quiet and not much going on (esp now) but we have a few nice eateries & the ferry goes across to Tqy as well as being a base for all sorts of sea and river trips. Most places are walkable to town & the harbour.

Paignton is grotty in my opinion :)

Tqy has a bit more going on and the shops are better than Ptn or Bxm.

Angelblue said:
i'm in north devon, between Appledore and Westward Ho! so if you decide to come North instead again, give us a shout :D

im in north devon too :D

woolacombe (sp) is a nice place.

so is croyde.

but there arent many shops there.

Barnstaple is the main shopping centre. and isnt very big.

Tadpole said:
If you like old stuff there is Kents Cavern - million year old caves. (I know its not to everyones taste). Dartmouth is pretty. Dartmoor is good to visit for walks if the weather is nice. The small animals zoo at Shaldon is good (marmosets!!!! so cute). Totnes is always worth a visit but be warned - it is built on one long hill! I live near Newton Abbot - don't bother, there is nothing to see/do here. Paignton Zoo is good. There is the minature village which I haven't been to since I was a kid so may be really shite. Torquay is where most people stay but isn't that pleasant on a Fri/Sat night. (Chavtastic). The problem is there isn't one place to go and have LOADS to do, you have to be prepared to travel a bit. Although Devon is fairly small so it's not hard. There is also various old castles etc ie Powderham, Berry Pomeroy (one of the most haunted apparently). There are also things you just kinda stumble across when out pootling about. Enjoy!!

I'm near Newton Abbot too :) :wave:

Kina said:
Tadpole said:
If you like old stuff there is Kents Cavern - million year old caves. (I know its not to everyones taste). Dartmouth is pretty. Dartmoor is good to visit for walks if the weather is nice. The small animals zoo at Shaldon is good (marmosets!!!! so cute). Totnes is always worth a visit but be warned - it is built on one long hill! I live near Newton Abbot - don't bother, there is nothing to see/do here. Paignton Zoo is good. There is the minature village which I haven't been to since I was a kid so may be really shite. Torquay is where most people stay but isn't that pleasant on a Fri/Sat night. (Chavtastic). The problem is there isn't one place to go and have LOADS to do, you have to be prepared to travel a bit. Although Devon is fairly small so it's not hard. There is also various old castles etc ie Powderham, Berry Pomeroy (one of the most haunted apparently). There are also things you just kinda stumble across when out pootling about. Enjoy!!

Me three i didnt know anyone else on here that lived round here. :D

Bloom said:
Kina said:
Tadpole said:

Me three i didnt know anyone else on here that lived round here. :D

You knew that I wasn't a million miles away! :D

I'm in Stokeinteignhead - I did live in Kingsteignton for a bit though when me & OH moved home from London.

keslo66 said:
Angelblue said:
i'm in north devon, between Appledore and Westward Ho! so if you decide to come North instead again, give us a shout :D

im in north devon too :D

woolacombe (sp) is a nice place.

so is croyde.

but there arent many shops there.

Barnstaple is the main shopping centre. and isnt very big.

I'm in Bideford, and it always makes me laugh when visitors would come into my bookshop asking where wh smith, m&s, mcdonalds etc were, we've only got a Wimpy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i went bideford way today, atlantic village. never alot there though, be better when the asda is built :)

bideford has few shops really, havent been there in quite a while, loads of hills.

Kylie1007 said:
You knew that I wasn't a million miles away! :D

Sorry i meant down the road from my house but yeah i know theres a few people nr Exeter too.

Hows the little man these days?

Kina im Kingsteignton too

Ooooh that's really scary :rotfl: Are you with Kingsteignton MWs? I had Karen for DS, she was really sweet :)

Kina said:
Kina im Kingsteignton too

Ooooh that's really scary :rotfl: Are you with Kingsteignton MWs? I had Karen for DS, she was really sweet :)

I have Lisa but i have seen Karen. They all seem nice at the moment.

Bigbury on sea is beautiful to look at! I can't imagine it would be much fun for things to do though, it's very costal and that's about it. We take the dogs to the beach there. I would say Torquay would be good or Paignton because of the zoo and amusements etc. You're not that far from other main places either.

Kylie1007 said:
Bloom said:
Hows the little man these days?

Whingy!!! He's doing well though - last weigh in he was 11lbs 15 oz

Aww i cant wait till i have my own is he keeping you up all night :D

He wakes up around 12,2 and 5 so still not sleeping through.

I dont really know what to expect with a baby but 3 times a night sounds pretty good to me my nephew is up more than that and hes 11 months :shock:.

I got my Silvercross 3d the other day i went for the cargo one. (Its still in the box at the mo at MIL) do i need to get pram sheets for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back