Holidays/honeymoon

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
as u all know i am getting married in september, my mum and dad keep saying we should go on honeymoon, but im not 100% sure i wanna go without Bray!
we would only be going for 5 ish days as its B's bday a week later

so i was wondering would u go??
if so would u stay in this country or go abroad??

and where is good places to book up a holiday ?

i would go and take braydon with you i took both my kids on my honeymoon

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Take Bray with you, make it a double celebration :) maybe in a few years time you to can go away alone and have a 2nd honeymoon :) xxxx

before I had kids I thought it was soo wrong to take kids with you on your honeymoon, but now I have kids I am more then likely going to take mine with me (I want to go on a safari holiday)

we are talking about having a honeymoon / family long weekend away later in the year, but my mum and dad have said they are going to pay for us to have a night away in a nice hotel as a wedding gift. they will have the kids for us, so we can have a night and day away.

i can't imagine going away for longer than a night without alice (and soon lewis).

I'm going on Honeymoon in May, we're waiting until May so Reg is old enough to come with us! We're going to Greece :D xx

If we have a honeymoon, which we aren't sure about yet, we will be taking Finlay as it will be our first holiday as a family :D

I'm being naughty and going on honeymoon for 5 days abroad (probably the canaries) without the kids! Neill and I haven't had a holiday with just us since james was born and I think our honeymoon is special and want it to be just us. I am really looking forward to reading a book on the beach in peace without having to keep one eye on kids and without getting sand chucked over me. Not done that for 6 years!

And then there's going out and getting drunk together like we used to before we had james! I'm really looking forward to it! I never thought id go away without the kids, im really gonna miss them but seeing as its my honeymoon im gonna be brave! My parents will be looking after the boys so i know they'll be safe, I certainly wouldn't go any longer than a week though.

Its important you do what feels right for you though, if you'd feel better with bray going take him :D

if you want to go without your baby, i'd suggest somewhere like new york, good for sightseeing, 5 days is prob enough and it is great for shopping too!!

New York is way above our budget unfortunately :lol: We're using the inlaws timeshare to save money :)

If you can afford it though I agree New York would be amazing! :D

ReggiesMummy said:
I'm going on Honeymoon in May, we're waiting until May so Reg is old enough to come with us! We're going to Greece :D xx

Where abouts in Greece are you going, we go to Skiathos on 26th May cant wait :D

I would take Bray with you and maybe have a weekend away just you and hubby or as Suzie suggested go for a 2nd honeymoon just you and hubby another time.

If we could afford it, we would be going away somewhere hot without the kids.
We've got too much stuff to pay for this year though so were having a couple of nights in a fancy hotel in edinburgh
I think id prefer it anyway cos i'l get to go shopping :D

We are not taking Isla :oops: ,but we are going to Cuba, and its a long flight and boiling hot, she will only be 5 months old...I didnt think it would be much fun for her. Plus we dont have to worry about getting her to bed early and being sober the entire time :oops:
Plus we want to enjoy a week with just eachother, and my mum cant wait to have her for a week!

Im gonna find it so hard to leave her though..but its only a week, and we will have plenty of family holidays later :D

Charlie:-) said:
ReggiesMummy said:

Where abouts in Greece are you going, we go to Skiathos on 26th May cant wait :D

I would take Bray with you and maybe have a weekend away just you and hubby or as Suzie suggested go for a 2nd honeymoon just you and hubby another time.

We're going to Halkidiki :D Cant wait either, we get back the 18th so i'll post some pics for you to get you all excited before you go!! :cheer: xx

Were having this problem at the moment lol...not honeymoon just a holiday...

Dont know whether to take mia or not as it will be our first holiday together..whether to just have it just us so we can let our hair down a little lol or take mi mi on a family holiday??

Just dont know what to do :think: :think:

I think if it was my honeymoon i'd be more inclined to go just you two... like you say it would only be a few days and you deserve some time together especially having just got married :D

We went to York for our honeymoon.
Have no idea why we ended up there, i think my mum picked it (she was paying for it)
Its your honeymoon, do what you feel is right.
We plan on having a second honeymoon in a few years, if we ever get around to it lol.
xx

ReggiesMummy said:
ReggiesMummy said:

We're going to Halkidiki :D Cant wait either, we get back the 18th so i'll post some pics for you to get you all excited before you go!! :cheer: xx

We looked at Halkidiki heard so many positive things about it but decided on Skiathos in the end. I love Greece, would like to go island hopping when Maia is alot older. Hope you have a fab time :D

ReggiesMummy said:
[quote="Charlie:)":47otmsm0]
ReggiesMummy said:

We looked at Halkidiki heard so many positive things about it but decided on Skiathos in the end. I love Greece, would like to go island hopping when Maia is alot older. Hope you have a fab time :D[/quote:47otmsm0]

Thanks, you too! :hug: We looked at Skiathos first actually as someone told me it was beautiful but they didnt fly from Bristol so we chose Halkidiki.xx

You have to do whats right me personally would be worrying too much if i went without dd. If i was to go without her it would be in the uk and only for a few nights as at least if i needed to get back for her i could.

When we get married next year we will take dd with us.

But then having said that we have had quite a few holidays as a couple before kids, s thats probaly why i feel like this.

I wouldn't go anywhere without LO, not within the UK or abroad.
Why not encorporate LO into your plans? Holiday in Disney or something perhaps?
Especially since it's his birthday the following week.
You can always pay for a nanny one night in the resort to go for a special meal....or order room service and eat on the balcony a romantic meal for 2 knowing your boy is in the same room asleep type thing.....!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back