You're All Invited...

dannii87

Reaction score
...To my pity party :wall: It starts now until I'm out of this strop. :(

I got psoriasis when I was 10 after being bullied at school. I moved schools, bullying stopped and I've been left with the scars ever since (literally).

I posted my belly pic in tummy pics, and noticed how obvious they are and it choked me a bit (feeling sorry for myself lol!)

I know people are much worse off than me though... That's what keeps me grounded.

I have it on my legs, torso, back, hair, arms... It's literally everywhere. I don't like summer time because it means short sleeved tops and skirts - I don't feel comfortable wearing that, I chose a good time to carry heavily didn't I lol

I'm paranoid and I hate it. I hate feeling as though I have to explain it in case people think it's contageous etc. We have 2 new girls at work and I wanted to "prepare" them for when the weather is hot and I have to wear short sleeved tops, so I mentioned the psoriasis to another colleague who knows about it, hoping they'd over hear!!

I edit most of my pictures and blur out the red dots :cry: I'm getting tearful now. I really do feel sorry for myself! Oh dear! lol :wall: Time for the wall banging emoticon!!

I just feel really upset about it and it's scaring me more and more as the pregnancy progresses that poor little Evie will get it too. I couldn't go through this again with her, my mum had to with me and it really broke her at times having to put my creams on twice a day and putting glitter in my hair ready for school while I sobbed my little heart out so we tried to disguise it...

I feel like I'm passing on some cruel disease!! I want Evie to wear all the little tops she can so that she can never feel embarassed and to walk around knowing she is special regardless, that's if she gets it.

Grrr I usually just get on with it and not complain but I need to right now :(

(By the way, it's worse on my arms and legs than my belly, that's the most "normal" part of my body lol)

Sorry you had to endure that whinge girls, it just really gets to me you know? x

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know it probably isn't much consolation but I bet people don't notice it as much as you think they do :hug:

I can understand your worries about passing it on to Evie but I'm sure if you do, she will rise to the occasion and cope really well - especially since it's something that she shares with her Mum. Although you think it looks bad, I bet after people get over their curiosity about seeing the marks on your skin, they don't give it a second thought.

I must admit I do hope that Oscar doesn't inherit my hayfever/ezcema combo because of the hassle of having to be careful about being around allergens and triggers. Does your Mum have psoriasis? Or was there any member of your immediate family that does? Perhaps there is a genetic susceptibility for psoriasis in your family and the trigger may be stress. It is a positive thing that you have this information as you may be able to identify any situation that could trigger it in her.

And again :hug: :hug: :hug: because its horrible when you don't feel good about yourself. Just know that your family and friends and anyone else who matters think that you are beautiful as will Evie from the moment she sets eyes on you :hug:

Danni yesterday i read your pregnancy diary..every word. Evie is so lucky to have a mum like you i really mean that. i have never had psoriasis but i have seen bad cases and all i can say is with an attractive face like yours, i'm surprised anyone notices your ailment.. and as a side note your ex must have been out of his mind to do what he did..his loss ...hope you feel better soon :hug:

Firstly, I promise I haven't noticed from your bump pic.

Secondly, a while ago I watched a documentary about two women with port wine stains on their faces. One was very shy of it, her mum didn't speak to her much about it as a child and she liked to cover it up. The other's mum had told her it made her special and pretty etc, she was clearly unaffected by having it and couldn't understand why she'd want to cover it up.

I have no idea how you would take that approach, but if you could, it might help?

aww dannii I went to school with a girl that had psoriasis and tbh no one notcied it after she had explained what it is.

The only sad thing is i know its genetic so theres a chance evie may have it but i really hope she doesnt! Feel sorry for yourslef, your allowed too!

Eat some choc and know in a few short months you will be giving birth to a beautiful little girl! :hug: :hug: :hug:

In all honesty i havent noticed at all either, in any of your pics bumps or otherwise, but i know if you know somethings there you can look and look until you find it, but as you can see from the replies we all think your gorgeous, and your right theres always someone worse off than you.

We wentout for a pub lunch today and ive seemed to hone in on the babies and toddlers everywhere, and there was this gorgeous little girl, waddling away over the sofa, but then my OH got my attention and told me off for staring its rude, i hadnt even noticed but the little girl had a swollen ear, about 3 times normal size and a dark red colour, and he thought thats what id been staring at, but i was just thinking how cute she was !!! Sometimes you just dont notice things, even obvious things :) So im sure even if Evie does end up with the problems you've had it'll be the very last thing people notice about her :hug:

Aww dannii, sending you one of these :hug: . Sorry its getting you down. I dont know much about it but have never noticed on any of your pictures. Try not to worry about Evie having it too as im sure she wont but if she does she will have a very supportive mummy!

P.s i can only imagine you were bullied due to jealousy! :hug:

Chin up hun.xx

:hug: :hug: :hug: Aww chick, please don't let your psoriasis get you down too much. I've got eczema and know how upsetting it can be, I used it to hate it when my mates could wear what ever they wanted and I was trying to cover up. It used to get me down and still does sometimes.

It only natural to worry that you pass it on to Evie but as mildly says if Evie does have it she will be able to deal with it because she has you who's been through it all. You'd be a brilliant support to her.

Hope your feeling better soon chick :hug:

p.s I never noticed in your bump pictures and think you look fab!

X

no matter what anyone says I know you'll still be concious of it hun but HONESTLY its not bad!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You are so beautiful, you really are! If anyone is looking at you they are thinking :shock: WOW :shock: not Eeeuw!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Aww thanks girls for your kind messages!! :hug:

You're all so sweet and supportive, thank you :hug:

Well at least the forecast isn't too good this week lol :lol: I get a break! xx

Dannii your very loved on hereand you have all helped us out so were now returning the fsvour :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: aww hun, i know how these things can get you down, one of deans friends has psoriasis and he gets down about it and self concious too. as others have said on the forum i had never noticed it either! i know its easy to get down about things that you can't control but thats why were here to listen. dont ever feel bad wondering if Evie will have it too. :hug:

i agree with what everyone else has said, and i havent noticed it on ur bump pictures or others. i think like ppl who said ur more aware of it than anyone else is. and you are beautiful :hug:

After your pics in the bump thread today, I have to add that it's not noticeable. You have a lovely face, and a tiny weeny bum, I'd love to have a bum that doesn't match my bump!!

Annnnnd, it could be so much worse...

HairyGuy.jpg

What everyone else said ^^^^^

I saw your photo and all I thought was, 'what a beautiful bump'.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Danni,
i understand where you are coming from. Although its not exactly the same i suffer with eczema and its gets quite bad at times, i am also quite self consious about it and have been left with a few small scars because i made the mistake of constantly scratching (even though i really couldn't help it)
chances are people don't actually notice it and i have looked at a few of your pics on facebook and i didn't notice anything, you look really pretty in your pics and pregnancy suits you, i think you have a bump to be proud of!
I know its hard, but try not to worry too much, stress can actually make it worse and i am sure you will be a brilliant mum.
take care :hug:

You lot are so lovely :hug: You really are. Praise yourselves on making a scabby whinge feel good again lol :lol:

Haha @ that pic NickyB!! :shock: Poor man! Poor wife (if he has one...) xx

Hey baby, damn there was me thinking you were gonna invite us all round to yours for a rave lol! ;)

But seriously I know how you feel, I suffer with ezcema from a very very young age and like you was bullied because of it...

Now although its alot better, sometimes it looks worse because its more noticible and weeps, or is dry and flakey... I know Psriosis is alot worse though so i really do feel for you. One thing you need to remember is it is hard not to feel self consious especially when you think other ppl will notice, but you know what? I have found its more ppl who are ignorant that DO notice, you shouldn't feel you need to explain to others what it is, when were kids it was a bit different as kids really dont understand and will ask, but as for adults let them stare/ask and if they do just tell them you suffer with it, end of...

What you also need to remember is you are a VERY beautiful girl and sometimes others love to pick at other ppl. Try to focus on what is great about you, although i know sometimes this is easier said then done especially if it becomes sore and makes you feel fed up, so definatly cut yourself some slack girly!!

As with Evie having it just because you have it it doesnt mean she will have to too.

I also wanted to say being preggy can often make us feel pretty bla so on these particular days try and do nice stuff for yourself...

xxx :hug: :hug: :hug:

Danni ya plank! Your fooking GORGEOUS! :hug:

I have never noticed any scars on your bump pictures and really like so many have said people never realize something as much as the person themselfs. Its like if you have a spot makes you think you have a volcano on your face and everyone can see it but you never notice if someone else has got one because half the time everyone is so wrapped up in what is going on to them to care about anything else.

As for Evie she is going to be boootifull just like you and if she does have it then at least she will have a supportive and understanding mum to talk to when she feels sad about stuff and you couldn't ask more than that :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
i think your bump looks absolutely gorgeous, and your so so slim everywhere else!! i'm so jealous!! and i did not notice your psoriasis in your pics, i even stuck my face right up to see if i could but i honeslt didnt see a thing!! Evie is one lucky lady having you for a mum :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back