your mum's birth experience compared to yours

GBLiz

Reaction score
did you all have similar birth experiences to your mums or completely different?

My mum didnt get morning sickness, she lost weight (apart from bump), never dropped or engaged with either me or my sister, went overdue and had to be induced and had long and rather traumatic labours, and two big babies

my sister didnt get morning sickness, but did put on weight, she also had to be induced with her two big babies

so far i havent had morning sickness, ive lost weight (apart from bump) ..but my baby seems to be on the small side not big.

does it follow i will most likely need to be induced?

Mine was completely different to my mums, my mum put weight on everywhere and felt poo all the time with me, I was also born at 30 weeks while they were enjoying ther first holiday away in cornwall and i weighed, 2lb 8oz.

I just got a bump with my pregnancy and went back to pre pregnancy weight pretty quickly, my son was born 11 days overdue weighing 8lb 3.5oz.

So no we had nothing in common at all with our pregnancy or births.

my mums labours with my brother and I were both really long, and she had a c section with my bro and forceps with me. Whereas both my labours were relitivly (sp?) short, (one was 10hrs, next was 2hours) both with only gas n air and no intervention ie forceps episiotomy. So they were completely different to my mums!

mine were similar to my mums...same length of labour, big babies, bleeding during pregnancy...so dunno :think:

My Mum with me was fine throughout pregnancy, had no morning sickness, I was one day early, her labour was only just over 3hrs and I weighed just over 8lb.
I also had a great pregnancy with no morning sickness. I went 11 days OD and had to be induced, my labour was 1hr 35mins and Harrison weighed 7lb 10oz.

My Nans labour was very short with my Mum too so I think thats something that follows through my family.

I think we had similar pregnancies except her morning sickness was a bit worse and she felt faint. our labours were both short and easy and we both had smallish babies (I was 6lb 9oz and LO was 6lb 1oz). My nan managed to pop out 13 kids without too many problems so I wonder if it does run in the family?

My mum and i have spookily similar birth stories.

We both had long long labours followed by emergency C sections cos we didnt dilate sufficiently due to having small pelvises so couldnt fit baby through!

I did try and tell the docs right through my pregnancy that my mum had this problem and it could be hereditory which would have saved me a lot of pain and a 30 hr labour if they hadnt been so dismissive and actually done something to investigate... :shakehead: :wall: :shakehead:

completely different!

Me = to start with i had a boy! I was in labour for 56hrs. He was face to pubes. I had just about every drug going and he was over due

My mum = obviously had a girl! was in labour for 7hrs. All the right way round. NO pain relief (god knows how!) and i was 3 weeks 5days early!

Our pregnancies were very similar- no morning sickness, no massive weight gain

But our labours were different. My mum went overdue but Jake was born 39+5, Both our waters broke at home but she had me 8 hours later, I was in labour for 32 hours, I wasnt back to back, jake was.

My mum has had 5 completely different experiences! Me and my brother were c-section - me because i just wasn't coming out (and i was a BIG baby) and my younger brother was c-section because i was and therefore mum thought it'd be easier to do it that way!
Her first 3 labours (i was number 4) were relatively easy and problem free with normal size babies!

interesting....

my mum went into labour on her due date..... didnt have contractions.. just a permanent pain her back with no break, then gave birth to me after 5 hours in labour with no pain relief. (lucky cow hehehhe)

me - 15 days overdue
in labour from the first contraction for 12 hours
ended up in forceps delivery and lost 3 n half pints of blood :cry: :cry: :cry:

That is one thing I will never know sadly... :(

Interesting thread!

My mum and I both had very similar pregnancies, pretty mild symptoms apart from sore boobs, and feeling pretty good about it. She apparently loved being pregnant and so do I. Birth wise we are pretty similar with our first babies too, both about a week late and relatively short, easy labours with big babies. Mum's 2nd baby had to be induced though and had a very long, drawn out labour as a result so I'm hoping I don't follow suit on that one!

The only similarity between my mum and I is we both put weight on, and the only similarity between me, me mum and my sis is that we all had girls first.

I didnt have morning sickness, my sis and my mum did, i had GD and they didnt. My labour was draumatic theres was fine and natural (god damn them lol !! )

i (for some reason) really expected to have a simular birth story to my mum. (maybe cos we like 2 peas in a pod?)

couldnt have been more different.:

mums first labour - approx 4 hours.
my labour - approx 37 hours.

mums painrelief - nothing
my pain relief - everything possible.

mum - no stitchs
me - like a million stitches.

mums first baby - 6lbs.
my first baby - 8lbs 8oz.

mum afterwards - went downstaires to have tea.
me afterwards. - truamtised, couldnt walk for 24 hours, lost alot of blood, almost needed a blood transfusion.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

nothing there at all. *poor me*

Differences:

My mam didn't put weight on at all, whereas I was (and still am) enormous.

Similarities:

-both had big babies (I was 9lbs ish, my kids were both over 10lbs)
-both were overdue
-both were induced
-both had epidurals
-both had stitches

In some ways they were the same. We both had an epidural with our 1st baby which was the smallest. Both went almost 2 weeks over with baby number 2 and they were both back to back. Not sure about baby number 3,I think she went on her due date and I was 5 days over but neither of us had any problems. Don't know much more that that. I really should ask!

I don't know about the pregnancy, but my mum had 2 very quick labours (both under 3 hours) and I did too (3 and a half hours). She only had gas and air and so did I, but I had a water birth which she didn't. Me, my sister and my son were all big babies.

Oh, and I was born on my due date but my son was a week overdue.

My mums labours were different to my labour.

mums first was twins at 35wk, 5lb7 and 6lb7, all on gas on air, fiarly quik labour

then with me she says i was born term, at 10lb 4 :shock: but i was bak to bak fairly quik labour

bam was born at 38+2 back to bak (only similarity) weighin 8lb15 with every pain killer known to man and a 37 hour labour :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well our pregnancies have been completely different. My mum had no morning sickness and she worked up until two weeks before I was born. The only thing that she had was some mild acid reflux...and I was born with thick black hair...maybe some truth in the old wives tale :wink:

With me I have been as sick as a dog all the way through, finished work as soon as I was able and have had really really painful acid reflux during third tri...maybe Dan will be born with shoulder length hair...a ponytailed newborn...kewl :twisted:

As for her labour, she had me really quickly with just gas and air, so fingers crossed I will hopefully (probably not :wall: ) be similar :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back