Your favourite nappies

monster_munch

Reaction score
I am actually asking cloth bum mums as I want to be nosey and possibly spend more money :oops: but non clothies feel free to join in - it could be helpful to someone :hug:

I currently have:
Motherease Sandys
1 kushi (sp??) all in one
and 2 prorap all in ones on the way to try out :)

I really like the motherease sandys although they seem big with the booster, nappy and then wrap (Green Bean's clothes only just fit over!!) but I'm not sure how normal this is as I'm a cloth virgin - I tell you what it's nice to be a virgin at something :rotfl: Oh bugger - I'm not anymore....

Come summer I am going to get some fleece outers and then whenever I see a bargain I will get 1st size ones (then DH definitely can't back out of having another!!)

I have Little Lambs and love them! I don't think they are too bulky at all.

I have 2 Tots Bots Flexitots sitting here doing nothing if you want to try something else. I've used one of them once or tiwce and the other is new.

I haven't tried anything else. I like what I have and get along with them great :D

I have far too many types to mention - its embarressing how many I actually have :oops:

If money was no object and I could actually get some my dream nappies would be luxe and clothmopolitans, I have one luxe but only a clothmopolitan wrap at the mo, though I have a fair few USA WAHM stuff. I also love alot of the UK WAHM stuff, weenotions, flowerpot tots, clwt twt etc etc. However our fave everyday nappy is tots bots either organic cotton or bamboozle with a motherease wrap whereas OH prefers motherease onesize. Then you have ittie bittie delish, swaddlebees (their organoic velour ones are so lush), blueberry pockets and p'tit dessous (they were great for Cally when she was teeny). The list is endless, I can't possibly choose one.

I have the totsbots bamboo ones and they are really nice and soft, they always come out just as soft after each wash so they get my vote! :D

beanie said:
I have far too many types to mention - its embarressing how many I actually have :oops:

If money was no object and I could actually get some my dream nappies would be luxe and clothmopolitans, I have one luxe but only a clothmopolitan wrap at the mo, though I have a fair few USA WAHM stuff. I also love alot of the UK WAHM stuff, weenotions, flowerpot tots, clwt twt etc etc. However our fave everyday nappy is tots bots either organic cotton or bamboozle with a motherease wrap whereas OH prefers motherease onesize. Then you have ittie bittie delish, swaddlebees (their organoic velour ones are so lush), blueberry pockets and p'tit dessous (they were great for Cally when she was teeny). The list is endless, I can't possibly choose one.

OMG! I've never heard of half of them :lol:

Wow, beanie! I wish I could be like you! I know that sounds sarcastic but I'm serious. I want to try them all.

I have the bamboozles too and I like them a lot. I now use them with a bamboo booster at night and a fleece liner at all times, and I like them even more. They ARE so soft and super absorbant. I have seen some people say that bamboo takes forever to dry, but when I line dry them next to the cotton ones we have, the bamboo are far faster. They also absorb better than my cotton ones. We have an old style wrap for them, though and I'm not crazy about them. I was going to buy some wool ones but was surprised at the price so now I'm shopping around looking for a better deal.

Also... *DROOL* :shock: I just had a look at the luxe and clothmpolitans... I WANT THEM TOO!!!

My staple nappies are the itti bitti d'lish Ai2 and weenotions for pockets, i use clwt twts for fitteds with wool over the top. i have just had a pair of custom crochet longies from clair at flowerpottots (gorgeous!) also use Pixiknits.

Lil stinkies are lovely pockets too, she's a new WAHM but is in the process of moving so not doing customs at the mo, look up lil stinkies on facebook.

The only pocket nappy I ever tried was the Mothercare one, and I didn't like it at all. The first time Jacob did a poo in it, it wasn't more than normal and it ran out the side into the outer, which stained... I did everything and can't get the stain out because it is embedded in the ruffled bit of the elastic. I was disappointed because they were so streamlined. I should have known. The only Mothercare branded thing that hasn't disappointed me is there sleepsuits.

I use mostly tots bots cotton tots 'cos I haven't got a lot of money and got most of them 2nd hand. I do have a couple of tots bots bamboozles though and have to say I prefer these as they are softer and I don't find that they take any longer to dry. I also love my 4 Bambinex bamboo nappies although I would rather that these had a fold out booster rather than a seperate one. These are very very slimline and can be worn under tighter jeans/cords etc, they are also so lovely and soft and have kept their gorgeous colour despite numerous washes.

Wraps wise, I love the designs of the tots bots patterned wraps and use these during the day, but don't find they hold in the wetness overnight, so we use Motherease airflow overnight that we got second hand and keep DD dry.

I'm a big fan of shaped nappies and wraps and haven't had good experiences with any other kind of nappy (stuffable, pocket etc). However, I do aspire to have a collection like beanie's as it looks fab! However, OH is more likely to change nappies if they are quite straightforward and not each one is different, which in all honesty and apart from the lack of cash, totally puts me off buying lots of different kinds!

Valentine Xxx

Most of the time we just use (boring old) prefolds as I really can't afford to fund the habit. Other than those (I got a birth to potty pack on ebay for £60 odd quid) I have bamboozles (LOVE these, would get a set if they weren't so expensive), a couple of flexitots (I love the feel and the concept of these but they're just not all that absorbent) and some fluffles.

Everyone will have to post their stash pics, these are my new weenotions

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

If anyone's interested im selling a few wool and nappy items :wink:

They look fab Nicola!!!! they put my prefolds to shame :oops: im off to have a look now. :lol:

You know the woolen longies. am I being daft but these go over the nappy and the wrap? :think:

WOW!!!!! They are gorg arent they just had a look, and i want all of them :shakehead:

That Minkee fabric looks really comfy, I think im going to order some of that fabric and make an MT with that on the inside for Winter. :cheer:

maria1976 said:
You know the woolen longies. am I being daft but these go over the nappy and the wrap? :think:

No hun, they ARE the wrap.

I love ME Sandys as a workhorse nappy, weenotions organic cotton for the design and Clwt Twts for the fit and cuteness.

Favourite wool for me are definitely Pixie Knits, although I like Seahorse slacks too. :)

Nicola g said:
No Maria you use instead of a wrap :D

Minxy said:
maria1976 said:

No hun, they ARE the wrap.

REALLY!! bloody hell I didnt know that!! :doh: Have they got a protective inner then? If I had known that I would have given them a whirl, I thought that they were for show :rotfl: :doh:

They don't need an inne. If the wool is lanolinised is as good as waterproof and won't leak. It sounds hard to believe but it's definitely worth a go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back