Yikes!

Things are still going - got to a point about midnight last night when contractions were coming pretty much on top of each other. Called the hospital and they said to make our way in, so we got in the car and they called back saying they were full and that we should go to the other hospital (which is exactly what I didn't want, it doesn't have anywhere near as good a reputation for maternity). I'm really keen on a water birth and basically got upset and sat wailing in the car for a while and told my partner we were staying at home... and then that killed off all the hormones and labour ground to a halt again.
So napped for a bit, woke up in pain again about 3am, waited, called to check - hospital still full. Found a position that slowed things right down again and managed to get back to sleep. Same again about 6, didn't bother calling, and now just woken up again! I feel like I'm in some horrible limbo... but they say if I suddenly want to push I have to go in, whether other hospital or not. Hopefully lgi clears a bit this morning. Labour sucks!
Plus I'm allergic to damn paracetamol so haven't had any pain relief whatsoever... yeesh...

Last edited:
Oh gosh Yorkslass I really hope lgi frees up for you. That's where I'm hoping to go..., what hospitals are they trying to send you to?

They're trying to send me to st james, but all the reviews I've read make out it's not the best! They have one pool apparently, but I doubt I'd be guaranteed that.
I had mw booked for a sweep this morning, so just spoke to her and I'm going to try to get there so she can see what's going on...

Just seen mw - cervix hasn't come along much at all, she reckons it could be days... says the constant side and back pain might mean the baby's trying to go back to back - I had a suspicion it was. Had enough of that pain already, just bloody miserable now!

Sorry to hear that yorkslass. Hopefully things will kick off properly for you soon x

Oh not the news you wanted to hear. I hope baby doesn't manage to move tho! Fingers crossed xx

Oh no yorkslass sounds awful. I hope it eases off or baby makes a move. Keep us updated x

Summer was back to back and the back pain was unbearable! Don't mean to scare you but that was the reason I ended up having an epidural. I could handle the stomach contractions but that pain in my back was something else.

Gah - these awkward babies... well now that contractions seem to have eased off a lot, I'm just going to do what I can to try to make it turn. Been more or less living on hands and knees today and doing all sorts of weird pelvis movements, apart from anything, it's easing the pain a bit. Partner just went and bought a tens machine too, which I wasn't going to bother with, but something tells me it might come in handy o.o
Just trying to maintain a Zen like state of calm and relaxation now I'm resigned to the fact it might be days... and have decided against singing in concert tomorrow lol

Oh goodness, nothing's simple is it?! Sounds like you're coping really well with being "in limbo" - think I'd be climbing the walls! Hope things get moving properly for you soon!

Just seen mw - cervix hasn't come along much at all, she reckons it could be days... says the constant side and back pain might mean the baby's trying to go back to back - I had a suspicion it was. Had enough of that pain already, just bloody miserable now!

Get on your hand and knee's if you can and use a birthing ball, my baby is finally starting to turn and apparently there more likely to turn in labour anyway.

Yes, hands and knees as much as you can, so gravity can help . And sit on your birthing ball rather than slouching on a sofa (she says while slouching on the sofa...)

Reading about it, even with head fully engaged there's still a chance to make it turn... determined! And yes stephylou, have read that too that they tend to spin right coming out more than not. Fx yours is definitely on the move now too!

How are you getting on yorkslass? I hope you managed some sleep last night x

Broken sleep, but at least getting a few hours :) - no more contractions, just Braxton type tightening, but the back pain keeps coming and waking me up, so I go on all fours until it buggers off again! Forcing myself to sleep only on my left when I can - think that might help with positioning too...
Partner has been playing with the tens machine on his arms and stuff - I haven't actually used it yet lol
Hopefully not too many days of this - my mother said at the time, it'll be a practice run and it'll happen properly a few days after - I hate when mother's always bloody right!

Lol - yes mothers do seem to be always right. Well good luck I hope it happens over the next few days for you and you have your little boy or girl in your arms. I'm excited for you - keep us posted :)

I was like this from the Thursday until he was born on the Monday!! He was back to back and the pain was excruciating - far worse than labour. The only way I got even an hours sleep was to lie across the top of a birthing ball. I eventually gave in with the pain and stayed in on the Sunday night to get some decent painkillers but after I'd been examined everything kicked off and I didn't get any or any sleep!! He was eventually born on Monday tea time and I hadn't slept since the Thursday!! I'm having a section this time!! Hope things are progressing for you xx

Were you having proper contractions on and off the whole time, gillm? Mine seem to have died off completely today apart from the BH, it's just the back pain. Just want things to move on! Managing to sleep kind of propped up almost vertically on my side, got a few hours last night, which was good. :)
Tried to come for the dog walk earlier but the pain got a bit too much - sat on a bench as partner carried on, and the dog kept running at full speed back and forth between us, so she got loads of exercise after all lol

Hopefully the practice run will have got everything ready so it doesn't take so long at the real event x

How you feeling now yorkslass? My first baby was back to back and the pain was excruciating, ended up having the epidural, never imagined the pain could be so sore! He also came out with a squashed head just because the angle he had been in but that soon evened itself out. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back