Does this count as labour?

star fish

Reaction score
When I walk around I seem to be getting contractions, proper ones, about 10 mins apart, but the moment I lie down they completely stop!

I've been to bed for an hour but was so annoyed that contractions had totally stopped that I have gotten up again and now they are starting again.

Do you think this could be it or do you think it is just a cruel trick?

Maybe the start! Hope things get going soon for you .

Dammit, I'm the only one up! Useless lot ;-) I might as well go back to bed

Kitty! Why arent you asleep? I'm giving up now and going back to bed, contractions totally irregular and only happen if I walk up and down, humbug!

Obligatory toilet visit.

NCT woman said that in early labour it can easily stop if you get too stressed OR if you get too relaxed. You are maybe right at the start and going to bed relaxes you just that bit. Personally I'd concentrate in getting some sleep and see how you feel in the morning when u r fresh.

I had a similar feeling on my ball last night when I bounced. Every 5-8 mins a pain but I couldn't be doing that all night lol! Wasn't even sure if it was painful enough lol!

She's gone very quiet on us, I hope that means she's off to hospital.

Hi all, sorry slept in late after being up half the night. Clearly I am far too relaxed as its all stopped again. Tuh!

Cant decide whether to go to midwife appointment or not today, its such an effort to go there and I have decided not to have the sweep, but maybe I should go anyway?

You should go to check bp and baby's heartbeat etc. She'll probs book ur induction too.

My midwide told me hormone levels are higher at night and you are more likely to have signs of labour. She told me not to go back to bed as this will make them stop. But i always thought it was best to get as much rest as you can? Eughh confusing! Hope this is the start of things for you though hun!xx

Nothing more so far today, so disapointed! But have decided to take all your advice and go to midwife this afternoon anyway, though not for sweep, unless bullied into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back