Xmas Rant >:(

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
I have had a very close knit group of friends for 8 years- next Saturday we are all going out for an Xmas meal and supposed to be exchanging pressies etc.

I suggested that instead of buying for everyone (There's 6 of us; so 5 pressies!) we do a secret santa and only buy for one person... they didn't like that idea! It's been agreed (with everyone but me) that we buy for each other with a £10 budget per person- that's bloody £50!! :shock: :shock:

I've hinted a million and one times that I just cant afford that; and I don't think most of them can either :? I feel a bit awkward now because I know a few of them have already bought for me AND E. I know that it isn't about giving to recieve but I feel really awkward.

What can I do?! :think: I really can't afford another £50 this month :talkhand:

Id do a pair of earrings or necklace from accessorize and a xmas dairy milk tube or somethin sweet as well as a card with a handprint from Evie, somethin little? then get them to pay for the meal loooool :lol:

Me and my mates are doing secret santa so we only have to buy one pressie for a tenner and we all get one..just tell them you cant afford it and suggest that..say you want to spend your money on making Evies first xmas special :)

i didnt read your post properly..sorry! i just realised you already suggested that :wall: :wall: not sure what to say except push the point until they give in! :lol:

just get them all a little something..how are you with bakeing jade? ive got some great recipes.. im doing half dipped chocolate pretzels, choc truffles half dipped choc florentines, how about hand made vodka truffles?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it'd make next xmas cheap.... i'd have killed all my mates! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've just seen the handprint candles and LOVE that idea- I have soe IKEA candle in the cupboard so going to try that....

I hate Xmas.

Bah Humbug. :evil:

:hug:

Crap init this time of year, so much pressure. I've put my foot down this year and only buying for kids now we have one of our own. One of my friends sent me a gift but I'm not buying her one.

It's a £10 limit doesn't mean you have to spend a tenner :shhh: .

Hazel said:
It's a £10 limit doesn't mean you have to spend a tenner :shhh: .

just what i was going to say.

the 3 for 2 in boots would be good, they have some really nice things in there for cheap.

Superdrug do 3 for 2 aswell.

they should just be greatful they have anything when money is tight, they should be able to understand.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I would maybe go to a little handmade jewellery shop and get some nice necklaces/pendants for cheap. No one will ever know :wink: :shhh:

Good ideas from everyone! Sorry I have no advice - I'm just glad I don't have any friends :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back