Excited about Xmas?

I'm sure you'll make it a special day hon :hug:

As far as I am concerned it's up to me and DH to make Ella's day special and I will do my best every birthday to make sure she has a good time and realises it's her day. If other family can't be arsed then they can pee off, Matt is such a child he'll never let her feel it's a washout!

I totally understand what you're saying Kina, but my parents made an effort to try for me and I'm sure they did Karrina too.
It's a hard time of year as parties are limited to indoor only (when they are bigger obviously). I think I'll still keep Chrstmas seperate.

I'm sure you will make Rubies day special Kim, how about having the mornigg and early afternoon toally for her birthday and opening her presents, and then the evening can be 'christmas'? I knew a family who used to do that.

Kina, no matter how much u try, when she gets older, she will get a bit fed up not being able to have parties in the local play centres etc like other kiddies!

my mum always made an effort, and spoiled me to compensate it, but believe me nothing does. I am scarred :cry:

Ur bday pressies get wrapped in christmas paper, u can hardly buy bday cards at that time of year, its majorly over shadowed by xmas! :twisted:

Kina said:
Well Ella's birthday is the day after Xmas so we'll be getting doubly excited. :dance: Even if nobody else makes a big deal of her birthday as it's so close to Xmas we will :cheer:

same here, Seren's is only 2 days after. Not sure what we are doing yet, we are having a party in the afternoon but me and OH want to do something as a family in the morning. We have told everyone under no circumstances to buy a combined present as they are two seperate occasions. When she is older she can have a party in the summer, to invite her mates. My cousin has this (her birthday is the 24th dec) and she loves it, says its like having 2 birthdays. I am going to buy her card in November so I am prepared.

Kim, Roo will know its her birthday and I know you'll have a doubly great time on Christmas, we will just have to time pregnancy better next time (Kina already has) :rotfl:

Is anyone coming up with little traditions. I am resurecting our family ones such as choosing and decorating the tree as a family, though not sure I will be making the christmas pud (we all had to have a stir for luck).

if my little ones birthday was on christmas day, then i would have their party in the summer, six months after as a celebration day for all their friends. that way they get a bouncy castle in the garden. plus they are like royalty having two birthdays. :D

K X said:
Ur bday pressies get wrapped in christmas paper, u can hardly buy bday cards at that time of year, its majorly over shadowed by xmas! :twisted:

how lazy, I'm going to hand them back if they try to do that to Seren. Its not like you sprung your birthday on them, its the same time every year so people should remember. I always manage to find birthday wrapping paper etc in December but I guess some people think it doesn't matter.

Hmm I couldnt celebrate in the summer, it wouldn't feel right! :think:

But all I can say is I am sure you will all make it as special as possible like my mum did for me. :hug:

K X said:
Kina, no matter how much u try, when she gets older, she will get a bit fed up not being able to have parties in the local play centres etc like other kiddies!

my mum always made an effort, and spoiled me to compensate it, but believe me nothing does. I am scarred :cry:

Ok well thanks for pointing out my child will have a shit birthday :D

I already said to DH that we'll have to get her wrapping paper and stuff now.

Kim and Shona - we'll have to have a chat in December about what we'll do for our poor mentally scarred children :rotfl:

beanie said:
K X said:

how lazy, I'm going to hand them back if they try to do that to Seren. Its not like you sprung your birthday on them, its the same time every year so people should remember. I always manage to find birthday wrapping paper etc in December but I guess some people think it doesn't matter.

I used to get that aswell.

I have also told people not to combine presents, people used to do that to me, I've even had bloody christmas cards for birthday cards :evil: I'm grown up enough to understand now that it desn't bother me so much, but when you're a kid, it's not justifiable.

I have thought about having 2 parties too Davina. I think with the net one being due beginning May, they can have a little indoor party too (cold wet lovely spring) and then have a big summer party for them both :D well that's my idea anyway :lol:

Kina - my mum used to buy mine early too, clintons still do a big range of paper and cards though all year.

I'm not meaning to be nasty, just honest. I always feel honesty is the best policy :lol:

I am mentally scarred by it, I still argue with my mum every year, when I want to just relax and she is preparing the turkey and is dashing around.

It is fine when u r young but as u get older, school age onwards, downhill. Trust me, Sami and I r carrying chips on our shoulders. My bday is over shadowed, by the time hers comes round everyone is skint.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway, I know not to have sex in Marchish, my mum had sex on March 12th her birthday and that's how I arrived! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm not that bothered anymore Karrina :lol: I just was about the Xmas papaer and cards thing! And the lack of party, but I used to gate crash my baby sisters as it's in August :lol:

We cant be now anyway, LO's are more important now! :lol:

Kina your babe is due beginning of April is that right? Spring bubba's this time for us!

Honesty is always the best policy you are right but don't pee on someones bonfire. Just let us enjoy our babies first birthday, They have a birthday in Dec and whilst I am sorry you and Sami are scarred, I will be doing my bit to make sure Seren has a great day just like Kina and Kim will be for Ella and Roo. And I know they will this year and every other. I know when Seren was concieved too as my birthday is in late March. Thankfully this year I still haven't got AF, the next couple of years no birthday "gift" for me. :D

Anyhow anyone else got any nice christmas traditions to share?

:wave: I'm not scarred!!! It just upset me when I was a kid was all.

I know everyone will make their best efforts for their December/early Jan babies, as will I too, we have big plans :D

For Christmas I'm going to make it a big event, and when Damien gets older Ill let him decide when to put the tree and decorations up. It will be a big family occasion though. As for Xmas dinner, we'll probably just go to my mums :lol:

Oh sorry I didnt mean to upset anyone, Kina, Kim & Beanie. Never for one minute did i think or say that u wouldn't make an effort on ur LO's birthday. :wink:

Aimee wasn't born that close to chritmas (8th december) but i know what you all mean. I waiting till at least the 10th to put up my decorations from now on. I didn't learn from my mistake either as this baby is due in January. Hope it doesn't come too early. :D

oh sami i really apologise, i just noticed your ticker, congratulations hun.

just to let you know that Joshua was born the 8 May and he is a right nightmare :lol: :lol:

congrats hun to you and Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back