What do you spend on xmas per person?

kadesmummy

Reaction score
Do you have like a price limit per person for the people you need to buy for?

This year is going to be tight with buying baby stuff etc.

I'm thinking of a tin of busciuits per household and £20 price limit for any of the kids i need to buy for.

:( makes me sad that i can't spend what i used to on xmas

xx

Cheap as possible. I bought some stuff from Woolworths the other day. 3 for 2's. £25 for 3 gifts!

I'll do the same at Boots as i have every year.

we spend this very cheap but hey

parents get £15 each
sisters get £10
grandparents/aunts £5

and friends we are gonna try do the 3 for 2 things and get them, but still not much in total

parents get £10 each
brother gets £10
Oh about £50 (if hes lucky)
Willow ????? no set amount but we dont go silly thats what grand parents are for lol

I've never been a big spender on people at Christmas anyways.

I always get my parents a years membership to the National Trust and then a few small bits and pieces. The children I buy for I limit myself to £10 per child. I buy for 4 children. You can find some great bargins for a tenner or less.

OH and I agreed this year and last to not buy each other anything expensive. Instead we find something small and personal to us.

Galen will have some presents but tbh I am not going overboard. He is still so small and doesn't need masses of toys or other things. I'll get a few presents for him from us is all.

Other than that I don't really spend on anyone else. I've never seen the point in splashing out hundreds of pounds on anyone.

I spend about £10 on each parent, £10 on my 3 nieces, a selection box for a few other children, and the rest of our money goes on our children and joes other children!

No idea :lol:

Last year I was working so I had the money and I love buying for people

This year dont have the money as still on mat leave :(

Buying mum and dad a joint one this year so about £40, same for OHs mum and dad. Siblings about £30. OH - no idea yet. Finlay - who knows! his first xmas :lol: My neices and nephews - about £15-£20 each

Been buying for a few months now getting things on offer.

My family is HUGE so per person we spend as little as we can. Throughout the year i buy small bargainous things if I see them and i keep them for birthdays/xmas.

Me and OH are spending £15 each on one another including presents from Fi. Matt is making chocs for his mum and I am hoping to get crafty and print some photo calenders (do it myself) for the grandparents.

The kids in the family will get something worth £10 -on the agreement that we buy for the kids not the adults (it's scary as last year i was still counted as a kid, ha)

Fi won't get much from us, probably practical things like clothes cos tbh we buy her what she needs when she needs it. And family will spoil her loads!

Other than o/h and the kids I only buy for my parents and my sister. Extended family get a card (i have loads of extended family). On o/h side we only buy for his parents and his niece and nephew. We spend around £10 on each person.

Each other we prob spend about £30 in total.

No limit on our children but no too much

I normally spend quite a lot at Christmas. OH and I rarely buy things for oursleves all year round so we like to treat each other at Christmas. I would spend about £20 each on everyone. Maybe about £30 each on our brothers/parents. I love to give presents and really enjoy watching peoples faces, especially the kids who get so excited! :lol:

Not this year though! OH and I are only going to get something little for each other. Most of our friends and family have agreed to just buy for the kids this year as everyone is in the same boat, skint. And we are just going to get calendars of Dan made for our parents/grand parents. £10 a calendar between them both!

Also OH's birthday is on 17th Dec, my nephew is due 15th and Dan's birthday is on 3rd Jan. Luckily I have already brought a lot of it over the year so not much else to get and have saved enough each month to cover the rest.

Suzie and Faith, I was going to do my own calendars last year but once you add the cost of ink and the calendar paper I found it was cheaper to get them made. A lot of places have offers on at this time of year :)

we are only buying for OH parents and kiara andcaden this year.we discussed it and then asked everyone not to buy for us and the children as we were not buying back and didnt want to feel obligated.weve spent about £45 on OH parents to share.weve probably spent about £150 on kiara and a bit less on caden.didnt intend to spend that much but sort of got carried away :oops: :doh:

Misslarue said:
Also OH's birthday is on 17th Dec, my nephew is due 15th and Dan's birthday is on 3rd Jan. Luckily I have already brought a lot of it over the year so not much else to get and have saved enough each month to cover the rest.

Oh gosh did you have to mention birthdays!! :shock: Joes son and my little cousins on the 2cd, Joes younger brother on the 3rd, Joes twin sons on the 15th, Joes older bro on the 20th, Joes nephew on the 23rd, my sisters on the 27th, then my grandads on the 6th Jan, my daughters on the 7th, mne on the 8th and the pattern continues with my other little cousin, Joes daughter, my mums, Joes dads, and then Joes! lol! Somewhere in the begining of Dec/end of Nov i will have this baby too! Very crazy around that time of year?! lol Roll on February :cheer: hahaha I will actually have some money for a change!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back