xenical......anyone????

claire2602

Reaction score
Went to docs on friday as i had recieved my letter from the consultant saying they would.not see us untill my bmi was down. i was in a really bad mood and had abit of a go at the doctor.......our referralcwas a balls up from day one!all their fault and if done right all could have been different.....anyway i accidently slipped up and said that i was going to use water pills and other fad diet things. she offered me xenical.......diet pill that only lets thru 3grams of fat. im not sure if these are right thing for me as im not that fat - just need to shift a little bit but anythings worth a shot. getting some of the side affects :( has anyone elwe usee them and got good results?xxx

What! Why want they see you until your BMI is down? Thats crazy

They are saying thatcmy fertility issues are because my bmi is up! i understand this can affect it but its not like im morbidly obese or anything. Ohh and because i have age on my side! wankers!x

My counsins wife got told this years back! (she had a son from a previous marriage, but wanted a child with my cousin) she was refused help with fertility treatment until she lost weight........completely terrible!!!!

no experience with the weight loss pills, have you tried any other more natural ways first? like some kind of slimming world etc?

I am just under the 'ideal' bmi for ttc - but have put on so much weight since having my daughter......my diet is not great and I really do need to get some control over that - oops.

sorry the docs gave you such a hard time :( not everyone understands how hard it is to loose weight...

See this is so stupid. I've always had weight problems my entire life. My mother went with me to a weight loss clinic and for the fun of it had her BMI done as she is tiny 5'4 and about 125lbs and according to the charts she was over weight. This lady wears a size 6 are you kidding me. What is that going to say about me as I'm bigger than my mother.

I told my Gp I had problems with trying to lose weight and her response to me was I could still go on to have a baby she never once suggested my fertility problem was because of my BMI. I'm not obese but do need to lose some weight. My problem has always been how. I haven't tried xenical but I've heard about it.

Ive tried most things but nothing works. i dont look as much as i weigh (which is a good thing!) but i know its not down to weight as i know so so many people that are bigger than me and concieve naturally fine! as a last resort i got xenical...siee affects arnt too nice tho :( x

I understand and really know what ya mean. I've seen women bigger than me in the US and the UK and still have had a baby so I know it's possible. Please do let us know how the xenical works. I hope the side affects don't last long for you.

I would not take this drug if I were you. It will make you faecally incontinent for a start-And play havoc with your digestive system. You will loose more weight calorie counting and keeping a food diary I promise. Good luck, I hope you succeed and bet your referral sorted xx

hi my gp gave me these a while back said if i wanted more kids to loose weight as it wont happen utter rubish i know a few people triple my size and they have like 5,6,7 kids , if you eat one tiny bit off fat on those pills you will have the worst runs ever bad tummy cramps the lot i havent taken them , i reduce my portion size and cut out sugary drinks i dont like sweet stuff much so that wasnt a problem the weight is coming of slowly but its coming off , also because you seem to loose weight quite quick on them pills you get left with saggy skin , i know a few people who have took them but soon stopped becaause of the side effects , and not getting a referal bcos of your size is a load of bollox sorry but it just annoys me so much xx

Thanks ladies. i know it sounds wierd but taking these is actually scaring me from eating to much crap as i dont wanna be stuck on the toilet forever!lol. i am on day5 of taking them. i havent had to many problems apart from like oiley feacies. Im hoping to loose maybe like a third of what i need to on these. that will then give me the motivation to do the rest myself! spunds messed up i know!x

Thanks ladies. i know it sounds wierd but taking these is actually scaring me from eating to much crap as i dont wanna be stuck on the toilet forever!lol. i am on day5 of taking them. i havent had to many problems apart from like oiley feacies. Im hoping to loose maybe like a third of what i need to on these. that will then give me the motivation to do the rest myself! spunds messed up i know!x

I was on these and I lost quiet a bit of weight but I had lots of the side affects like your describing but I was on metformin too which has the same sort of side affects but stick with it hunni well worth it xx

Trudi's iPhone

I was on these and I lost quiet a bit of weight but I had lots of the side affects like your describing but I was on metformin too which has the same sort of side affects but stick with it hunni well worth it xx

Trudi's iPhone

I hope so :) thanks babe x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back