EDIT....Please ignore this post thank you

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
One of the girls at work has gone on a diet
Now she is as thin as a rake not an inch on her anywhere.
Tall ans slim she recons she a size 12 YEAH right :? im a size10/ 12 normalyI know what one looks like
She an 8
Well she read in a stupid glossy mag about this new diet
Eating BABY FOOD :shock:
For breakfast and dinner having a normal meal at tea time.
Now does anyone esle think this is a IDIOTIC diet?????
Mags like this should be band. :shakehead:
You cant get enough ADULT nutrients fibre roughage vitamins carbs fat ect ect from baby food. :(

Ive told her its an stupid diet and that she has no weight to lose :shakehead:
She tried to justify it but none of her exuses wash with me.
She keeps moaning about having a belly She hasnt got one.

Has anyone else seen heard about this diet?
Advice needed

i never heard of this diet, but just googled it, was started by a designer at christian dior, and quite a few celebs are doing it. it seems a bit strange to me, but i cant see it being harmfull as its just pure healthy food.

i'd leave her to it, maybe shes just too influenced by what she reads in marie claire.

Yeah I saw something about the 'baby food' diet in a magazine once and they said that baby food doesn't have all the nutrients adults need so it is not recommended!

depends really what she has for dinner as her main meal. Its only like doing the cereal diet where you have a bowl for breakfast and lunch and then your main meal. If it works fair play. I used to have toast for breakfast and lunch and then a main meal and I wasnt under nourished or depleting myself of any vits as Id have heaps of veg with my main meal to cover my 5 a day and lets face it, many people dont manage to have 5 portions a week!!

The more you criticise someone about a diet hun the more they will do it. Just tell her she looks fab in a nice way and mean it and she'll actually feel good about herself instead of bad and she'll be less likely to think you are jealous (im not saying you are but this is how alot of people react out of jealousy)

x

Im not Jelous i like having curves :(
ive NEVER tried fad celeb diets because im happy with me my size
and i havnt kept on at her either she asked me what i thought i told her i wouldnt do it and to make sure she eats enough to compensated.
And ive lsft it at that though im still concerned
I seem to have come across as a jelous enviuos b**** :(
When to be honest all i was doing was being a concerned friend. :?
The meal she has in the afternoon isnt much either
thats why im worried.
she has already started showing signs of tiredness and loss of concentration.
And work our worried too
It hurts that everyone now thinks im making a mountian out of mole hill and being horible to my friend :(
and and eating pureed foods all the time is ok
its healthy for a baby who is being weened not and adult
:cry:

woah geordie lass... don't think anyone said
It hurts that everyone now thinks im making a mountian out of mole hill and being horible to my friend

I understand your concerns, I'd probably be the same with my friends, unfortunately there isn't much you can do about it. Just like others have said, try telling her she looks good. Apart from that there isn't an awful lot you can do, she's a grown up and if she feels as though she wants to lose weight she probably will regardless of what anyone else says.

I have to admit, I do the Kellogs K diet which is one bowl for brekkie one for lunch then a proper dinner. She's not gonna fall apart if she's still eating :hug:

I don't think it's so bad. Would give it a whirl myself after baby arrives if I could bare cold mushy food. When I lost weight for my wedding I was on egg white omlet for breakfast, Soup for lunch and something balanced but small for dinner, plus fruit for snacks. I think if you are not pregnant and eating a good balance of nutients it's okay.

She sounds pretty slim already though, not sure why she feels she needs to be smaller. Sounds like she's a bit insecure.

no one said you were making a mountain out of a mole hil gordie lass :?

i presume your friend is an adult, then she really is old enough to make her own decisions about what she does or doesnt eat. tell her your opinion on it - nicely - and then just let her get on with it. its a fad diet and will be old news soon so whats the big problem? it could be a lot worse.

I would be worried too - regardless of baby food if a friend of mine was that thin and felt like she needed to go on fad diets and had lots of weight to lose!

I think its clear from your posts you are concerned friend not someone whos jealous and having a bitch about your friend, it was only suggested perhaps your friend wouldnt take you telling her she doesnt need to diet, or that your concerned for her safety seriously because she may think your jealous, alot of the time if people dont want to hear what you have to say its easier to write it off as you being jealous and not a problem they have. But the sad fact is if your friend cant see for herself she doesnt need to diet and could even be harming herself then nothing you say will change her mind you just have to be there for her as a friend and try and build her self confidence :hug:

Why do we have to ignore this post?

I is confused :?

Well said Penstraze :clap: :clap:

geordie lass you sound like a good friend who cares about her mate :hug: If my friend wanted to do this fad diet I too would tell her what I thought because I care about my friends and I know that these kind of short term diets are not good, nothing at all to do with jealousy. Losing weight is simple. Eat healthy fresh fruit and vegetables with lots of fish and protiens. Foods that are low in sugar and low in fat. And excersie. Simple! You need to eat less calories than you use. Fad diets like these do not last as they are too hard and unheathly to maintain in the longterm.

Penstraze said:
I would be worried too - regardless of baby food if a friend of mine was that thin and felt like she needed to go on fad diets and had lots of weight to lose!

I think its clear from your posts you are concerned friend not someone whos jealous and having a bitch about your friend, it was only suggested perhaps your friend wouldnt take you telling her she doesnt need to diet, or that your concerned for her safety seriously because she may think your jealous, alot of the time if people dont want to hear what you have to say its easier to write it off as you being jealous and not a problem they have. But the sad fact is if your friend cant see for herself she doesnt need to diet and could even be harming herself then nothing you say will change her mind you just have to be there for her as a friend and try and build her self confidence :hug:

Thank you so much Penstraze
I was feeling very down by the respnses ive been getting
Ive actully had a few tears at the replies ive had
I know my friend know im not jelous of her slimness she knows im very proud of my baby bump.
Ive asked for this post mabye to be locked as each reply till yours has made me feel worse and worse.
Ive never had a friend do this before and i was worried for her i and ive never dieted as im happy as i am so didnt know how to approch it
Thanks agian
Lol Sarah

oopps sorry I didnt realise :oops:

Don't be upset geordie lass :hug: its hard to get your point across sometimes on a forum and loads of posts get taken the wrong way so don't worry hun. You know what you meant :D

As for your friend it is a daft diet, anyone can see that, but some people have to do these things to raise their self esteem. If she really doesn't need to diet but she is anyway then let her get on with it I reckon. Just keep an eye on her and keep telling her theres nothing wrong with her figure :wink:

chin up :wink: :)

Your very welcome, although I dont think it was peoples intentions to upset you :hug:

I have a friend whos bulimic it worries me silly and I hate hearing her being so down on herself and wish I could wave a magic wand and make her see herself how I see her and stop doing this to herself but I can't so I just be there for her its all I can do but it does make you feel helpless! :hug:

Geordie Lass - I want to apologise if my reply upset you in some way. I thought I was saying I understood where you were coming from and tried to give you advice on what you could do :?

I did say I wasnt saying you were jealous hun. I was saying your friend probably thinks you are and thats why she wont listen to you....

geordie lass said:
Well she read in a stupid glossy mag about this new diet

Mags like this should be band. :shakehead:

Ive told her its an stupid diet and that she has no weight to lose :shakehead:
She tried to justify it but none of her exuses wash with me.

all taken from what you said. It didnt sound like you spoke to her as a concerend friend, more of a rant about 'a stupid diet from a mag you think should be banned' :? You probably didnt mean to but if someone said that to me Id think they were having a dig, especially none of her excuses wash with you...I just thought that was a bit odd as she doesnt have to justify her diet to anyone.

Anyway I know you were trying to be nice and concerned as you've said so and I was just giving advice saying be nice to her. Dont rant at her about it. Weight is a very delicate issue for alot of people. As long as she isnt starving herself then she'll be fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back