Writing

Oh it's November btw so perfect timing - http://www.nanowrimo.org/

OK that sounds, frankly, bloody brilliant. I'm in!!!

Sent via Tapatalk

This sounds like a lot of fun and a fab challenge, I reckon I might just have to make the time to give it ago!! Are you still going to do it sunnygirl?

I so want to. I think the fact I've not even found 5 min to sign up says it all :(
I'll look again tomorrow - got a day where I'll be at home, so can look when LO naps! You? Xx

Sent via Tapatalk

Yeh I think Im gonna go for it, it's only a month, how hard could it be lol!! We could keep each other motivated!!! Now I just need to find the time to read the rules and sign up, but like you say that's what naptime is for :)

Yeh I think Im gonna go for it, it's only a month, how hard could it be lol!! We could keep each other motivated!!! Now I just need to find the time to read the rules and sign up, but like you say that's what naptime is for :)

Good point!! You're on! Xx

Sent via Tapatalk

You know what, I'll try. Betting I don't manage it but it'll be fun trying.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

yey lets do it!!!! LO is on his nap so I am signing up as we speak!!!!

oooh I've done it!!! I've signed up!!! I have no idea of a plot or anything yet though but hey ho thats just details eh!!!

PS sorry wooohoooo!!!! I'm so not well at the mo :(
Yay for you! I'm so on the verge xxx

Sent via Tapatalk

You know what, I'll try. Betting I don't manage it but it'll be fun trying.

Do it. Said like Ben Stiller in Zoolander. I think it was that film... Xxx

Sent via Tapatalk

i love writing, just about random things. I use to write fanfiction for things like lord of the rings and harry potter while i was at school and college. i still randomly write things but its rubbish i wish i was at school again i like writing just got nothing to write about. i have 3 books one for each of my children and one for my step son of things that have happened or we have done with them since they have been born.
It's very cathartic to get it out onto paper!

The first gift I ever gave my now husband was a handwritten anthology of poetry I'd written over the previous 5 years. He keeps it in his bedside cabinet with a photo album of us and the things I love about him journal & cards I gave to him on our wedding day :love:

Giving him it was like putting a snapshot of my life into his hands and saying "please accept me for all of these things and love me as I am."
and thats really sweet hun, and the fact he has it close to him its the most romantic thing i have heard a bloke do awwww x x x

Only just found this thread, I love writing, haven't done much in A while, most of my poems are very depressing and mostly the subject matter is regarding my own feelings towards my childhood and growing up, now I'm more settled I just don't seem to write as much still love it though

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Well I don't know if anyone else signed up to the NaNoWriMo thing but I've only got 4 days until the end and I'm on track for the 50k word count, it's been a slog but it's been so much fun too and I've met loads of great people at the local write ins, so glad I did it :)

Last edited:
Just to add that I managed to finish before the 30th deadline with a 50400 final wordcount making me a nano 2012 winner yippee so proud of myself, it felt good to do something that was me rather than being a mum all the time. I'm gonna wait until Jan to edit it then hopefully I'll have a pretty decent story to show for it all :)

Great news - it feels so good to get it done and submitted, maybe you've just written the next big seller! :)

I used to write an awful lot of short stories, and up until i got married i always kept a journal too. It was actually very theraputic for me, as im not a very chatty person IRL.

I also write a lot of poetry, about my feelings, experiences, and little rhymes about people i know. I love being able to get it all out on paper.

I'd also love a bit of advice on starting a blog if anyone has the time to send me anything

xo

I LOVE writing! I have books filled with poetry, I've had 2 poems published. I have a gazillion short stories and recently started a novel - I just don't have time anymore with LO around.
I think I'd be good at writing for hallmark or something lol.

Tapatalking from my blackberry!

Just to add that I managed to finish before the 30th deadline with a 50400 final wordcount making me a nano 2012 winner yippee so proud of myself, it felt good to do something that was me rather than being a mum all the time. I'm gonna wait until Jan to edit it then hopefully I'll have a pretty decent story to show for it all :)

Brilliant, are you going to tease us with excerpts?

I totally failed on every level in Nov. I had to do KIT days and we all had tonsillitis.

Anyway what about setting ourselves a little target of a short story or poem we can share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back