Writing

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
Does anyone write for work or a hobby. Do you keep a diary, blog, write articles, shorts stories, scripts, plays or poems etc.

Just wondered because it's something I've been toying with for a long time but I just don't seem to get time to do anything about it. There's a writing group I know about but getting there with a wee one is difficult.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Hey hun! I've written for magazines, books, websites, etc. I did have my blog, but found it too hard to keep up with.

We should do a creative writing thing on here. We could set titles and do word count limits like 100 words!!

What you interested in writing about? Are you wanting to work as a freelance?

Xx

Sent via Tapatalk

Hiya :wave: yes I am interested in doing free lance but have no idea how to go about and from what I've heard it's really difficult to get a start and carry on.

For the fun side of it I'm more into short stories coz I get all sorts of silly ideas.

What sort of things did you do?

I would so be up for titles and doing 100 words around it.

I write, not so much as I used to, but I have written short stories, lots of poetry and have kept a blog for about 10 years now. :)

I tend to write about very dark things.

A couple of years ago I took part in NaNoWriMo - national novel writing month. The idea is that you just write for 30 days and see where your novel takes you. You can then submit it for a certificate at the end.
I really enjoyed it as got part of the forum and the support and encouragement is great and pretty much anything goes. It's not about being refined its about just going with it.
Every now and then since that I pick up the novel I wrote and make some edits etc. I highly recommend taking part! :)

I did NaNoWriMo when I was a teen. Wish I had the time/energy to do the 2000-3000 words a day in order to reach the 50k total words for it now.

I write, not so much as I used to, but I have written short stories, lots of poetry and have kept a blog for about 10 years now. :)

I want to read your blog!!

Sent via Tapatalk

Hiya :wave: yes I am interested in doing free lance but have no idea how to go about and from what I've heard it's really difficult to get a start and carry on.

For the fun side of it I'm more into short stories coz I get all sorts of silly ideas.

What sort of things did you do?

I would so be up for titles and doing 100 words around it.

What interests you? Start a blog on it and aim to write something every other day. I think the key is to just write. Don't think it has to be perfect - that's what a draft is: imperfect. You can refine!

Sent via Tapatalk

I did NaNoWriMo when I was a teen. Wish I had the time/energy to do the 2000-3000 words a day in order to reach the 50k total words for it now.

Yeah I don't have time now with Xanthe being so young - maybe you could take part next year?

I want to read your blog!!

Sent via Tapatalk

It's not very interesting :lol: it's about my day to day life, life in therapy/illness, my cats and my husband. I'm quite a dull person! :rofl: Need to get back in the habit of posting regularly.

Yeah I don't have time now with Xanthe being so young - maybe you could take part next year?

I'm thinking maybe the year after, I'll still be in therapy this time next year :lol:

I'd like to go into it with a rough idea of a story plan etc instead of making it up on the fly. I still have my one I did - it was handwritten in a notebook. I do occasionally return to it with the idea of making something out of it, but it's almost 10 years old now :shock:

I dunno of I've got the gumption to do that. Might try and see how far I get. Still think it would be fun to do some bits and pieces here between us.

I LOVE to write, I have been passionate about writing since I was a child, at 11 I was writing stories, i would have notepads full of them. I also write poetry but find I am best with poetry when it is about how I feel in a sad situation. Writing is how I coped when we lost my brother-everyone wanted me to talk but I just wrote, I had nothing to say to anyone but was able to get the emotions out through the written word.
I was told by my media teacher that I had a talent but was put off doing it as a career at "careers eve" in school as she said it was too hard to get into. I have still done it as a hobby but its harder these days with my son (he has autism and takes up alot of my brain cells lol) I have thought of starting some kind of website/blog on our experiences with my son and autism but wouldnt know where to start?! xx

I LOVE to write, I have been passionate about writing since I was a child, at 11 I was writing stories, i would have notepads full of them. I also write poetry but find I am best with poetry when it is about how I feel in a sad situation. Writing is how I coped when we lost my brother-everyone wanted me to talk but I just wrote, I had nothing to say to anyone but was able to get the emotions out through the written word.
I was told by my media teacher that I had a talent but was put off doing it as a career at "careers eve" in school as she said it was too hard to get into. I have still done it as a hobby but its harder these days with my son (he has autism and takes up alot of my brain cells lol) I have thought of starting some kind of website/blog on our experiences with my son and autism but wouldnt know where to start?! xx

Nice to see another writer about! It's always been a passion of mine too, I can remember making little books about my own characters when I was a little girl.

My writing is often very dark and dealt a lot with unhappy relationships, abuse and escape.

I'll PM you about starting a blog when I have a moment, I have lots of advice but currently not enough time to spare to tell you.

Nice to see another writer about! It's always been a passion of mine too, I can remember making little books about my own characters when I was a little girl.

My writing is often very dark and dealt a lot with unhappy relationships, abuse and escape.

I'll PM you about starting a blog when I have a moment, I have lots of advice but currently not enough time to spare to tell you.

Theres no rush, whenever you have time it would be great. My poetry is often dark too, I think it can be so healing to get it all out and then read it back and see how far you have come xx

Theres no rush, whenever you have time it would be great. My poetry is often dark too, I think it can be so healing to get it all out and then read it back and see how far you have come xx

It's very cathartic to get it out onto paper!

The first gift I ever gave my now husband was a handwritten anthology of poetry I'd written over the previous 5 years. He keeps it in his bedside cabinet with a photo album of us and the things I love about him journal & cards I gave to him on our wedding day :love:

Giving him it was like putting a snapshot of my life into his hands and saying "please accept me for all of these things and love me as I am."

It's very cathartic to get it out onto paper!

The first gift I ever gave my now husband was a handwritten anthology of poetry I'd written over the previous 5 years. He keeps it in his bedside cabinet with a photo album of us and the things I love about him journal & cards I gave to him on our wedding day :love:

Giving him it was like putting a snapshot of my life into his hands and saying "please accept me for all of these things and love me as I am."

That is such a lovely idea xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back