Has anyone thought or done this (writing to your unborn baby)

Reaction score

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has done this in their pregnancy or are considering doing this, I don't know if it may sound silly lol

I was thinking of starting a diary (I already write one for my pregnancy, my own one).
Only this diary will be dedicated to my baby, it makes me feel Iv'e got to think about what to write properly because these will be the words he will read at some point. (also, iv'e been finding it hard to bond with my baby for some reason i just don't feel anything sometimes and it gets me worried maybe this will help)

What kind of things would you write about and how often would you write in it.

Also, I'm already 28 and a half weeks is it too late to do this or would it be okay to start writing?

Thanks for reading :)

my mum wrote a diary while she was in hospital with me as it was a pretty crappy birth. i enjoyed reading it years later so im sure that would be nice.

Hm but then again I suppose it makes you think back and just appreciate what a mother went through :)

I would keep it light hearted and fun things like hi bump, have been deciding names now we are gettin close this is first time iv written as I didn't want to jinx things to early on so ill have to summerise it all the first few months Ohh u made me sick.... But sick with love and very tiered but only cuz I worked so hard to make you so perfect. Then u grew and I heard ur heart beat a million miles a second or that's how it seemed then I felt u kick I know its just to say hi but doin it when I'm in a car and can't go to the loo oh goodness u mustn't poke n prod my bladder deary me.... And carry on something like that. Mayb

When i get my BFP i am going to start a diary and everything will go in there, will be more of a pregnancy diary including pics

My hubby coppied that advert on the telly where that dad had an email account set up for his kid that he sent emails to regularly and then will show it to her when she is older. He has set one up for our baby and has sent a couple of emails to it so far :) Quite sweet really!

My hubby coppied that advert on the telly where that dad had an email account set up for his kid that he sent emails to regularly and then will show it to her when she is older. He has set one up for our baby and has sent a couple of emails to it so far :) Quite sweet really!

ooo now that's an idea

I was going write Emily a letter before she was born and I really wish I had now. You should defo do it! The email thing is sooo sweet!

X

I am writing a journal
The doctors have told us that our baby has Edwards syndrome, so we are writing as if it were to her.
I have back dated it, from the day we got the bfp and included all the significant events, thoughts and gifts that we and others have bought her.
We have everything recorded so far, including the day we found out she was a girl and when we chose her name.
She is doing so well so far, we pray she will beat all of the known statistics and that we will get to meet her.
I think a diary is a great idea and you can glean all those significant dates from your pregnancy records.

When i get my BFP i am going to start a diary and everything will go in there, will be more of a pregnancy diary including pics

Thats what I want to do! Might start today :)

I've got a dairy from my first pregnancy my little boy Is 6 now and it's in his baby box, it's only day to day things we where doing buying what sex we thought he was, what names we had picked, how I was feeling etc. But it's really nice to look back on and there so many things you forget. I have shown him and he thinks crazy can't see him taking it with him when he leaves home lol

i wrote my kids letters about what happened when i went onto labour up till the moment we brought them home, i keep this in their baby book and enjot reading it even after 15 years x x

i will be doing again for this baby i think its a lovely idea x x x

great idea, i am doing a scrap book, which is lots of fun to do, and it is sort of like a diary as it logs all the significant things that have happened whilst pregnant!! i cant wait for her to be older and be able to read it!! xxx

yea, I think I may start today even though I'm in my last trimester lol. Iv'e been writing my own diary but need to start writing one for him now :D

I kept a diary the whole way through my pregnancy with my son - written to him, and throughout the whole birth to today. I wrote in it every day until he was about 2 months old & then did it weekly - monthly.
I've just started the same diary for the baby I'm currently pregnant with.
I think it's a lovely idea!!!
I ordered the Best Friends Guide to pregnancy & motherhood (daily diary). It has funny / useful tips throughout it too

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back