Would you ever be an Organ Donor??

mrs_tommo22 said:
I wouldnt ever donate my kids organs, god forbid if anything happened to my babies I wouldnt let anyone touch them.

I completely see where your coming from on this one..... but.... having said that ... If Fynn (god forbid) ever needed some other kids' organs..firstly if, he didnt get the donor and anything happened to him cos noone would donate..I would be devastated...and if he did get the donor (that would save his life) I would be eternally grateful..

So I think it would be very difficult for the decision to be made in regards to your baby/child being a donor.

They can take away anything they want from me if it means helping someone else, all i ask on my donor card is that they leave my eyes, i wanna see where im going next......

I'm strange.

I don't like the thought of my body being dismantled when im dying but IF I did decide to do it, I'd let them take whatever they wanted, eyes n all. Its either the real deal or nout :shock:

I just cant imagine anyone taking bits and pieces out of my kids is all, though i totally agree with what your saying, i would want organ donation for my kids if they needed it - its just coming round to the idea of doing i for smeone else, i know i soun completely selfish but its something that I seriously need to think about.

mrs_tommo22 said:
I just cant imagine anyone taking bits and pieces out of my kids is all, though i totally agree with what your saying, i would want organ donation for my kids if they needed it - its just coming round to the idea of doing i for smeone else, i know i soun completely selfish but its something that I seriously need to think about.

I completely agree..... its one of those that we would never know what to do unless we where in that situation..... and lets just hope we are never in that type of situation!!

Definitely take anything from me. It's a hard decision about your kids though. Saw a fantastic lady on This Morning, think it was last week. Her daughter had been knocked over and was dying, she donated her organs and that little girl saved 2 babies and 2 adults. Her Mum was so brave and so proud of her daughter.

Yes I am an organ donor as is Sean & paris and so will baby. My Mum died 12 years ago today :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: she was waiting for a lung transplant which would have saved her life. I was 14 years old when I lost her :cry:

yes - no problem and also would donate DS's if (god forbid) I ever had to make that decision

I'm also a bone marrow registered donor and regularly get called up to have blood tests (maybe because of my eastern european heritage? I know they're desperate for anyone with different ethnic backgrounds as its so much harder to find donors) but I never match :( I always feel really rejected

Hi

ive thought about it and im not sure but on my care card it says organ donor is it possible my parents signed me up when i was born?
I know when they had their first child ( she was still born) they donated her body to research

iv not got a card but iv told my family they can have wot ever they want

urchin how do u become a bone thingy donnor ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back