Organ donation?

Daisy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've recently been sent a link to these two slideshows produced by the 'Live Life Then Give Life Campaign' which was set up by two young women who have lost 18 young friends between them who were waiting for an organ transplant.

It got me wondering how many of us on here are registered organ donors? It's so sad that so many people are dying each year when we can each save or transform up to 9 lives when we die. It only takes 2 minutes to sign the NHS Organ Donor Register online, I did it a while ago and my husband knows my wishes too.

Here are the links for the slideshows - make sure you have tissues at the ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz33i6prkuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t70726nahxo

\i used to have a card but no idea what happened to it..my husband knows my wishes though

I've opted to donate my organs, have specified it on my doctors notes. If I can help save one person I will rest peacefully :)
I can't watch the links though as too close to bedtime and I won't settle if I watch anthing weepy...will look at them tomorrow :hug:

Im on the organ donation list.. and so are my kids, i strongly believe its a good thing to do.. you never know it could be you or your kids who need help!

would give me great pleasure knowing something good came out of our deaths.. sorry to be morbid..

ive been a organ doner since i was about 14 i think, after hearing alot of stories and i wanted to do it aswell, if i was to have a accident and die i would want my good organs to go to good use.
people always need them so why not

hubby knws my wishes , havent signed the register but uve reminded me to do so

you might all think im weird but there is on thing i cant donate , thats my eyes . i just couldnt do it , few silly reasons , main one im so squemish when it comes to them , i know ill be dead but i dont care what they tke , just leave my eyes !

Emmylou said:
If I can help save one person I will rest peacefully :)

Awwww what a lovely sentement :hug: :hug:

Ive been on the register for about 5 years now- im not gonna need the organs, so why waste them after Im gone?

Dont bawl at me......I believe in organ dination and am on the list.

But i will not put any of my kids on there, It would be bad enough loosing a child and knowing that someone has cut them up to harvest their organs, i couldnt bear thew thought oif it and it makes me feel sick.

I do sympathise with all the kids that need donars deserately and i admire the parents that have donated their childrens organs, but i xouldnt do it myself.

Im not and my DH isnt, he wanted to do it but i wont let him, I dont think i could get over it if he died and some one took his organs away. I know they could save some one elses life but i couldnt bare it. :cry:

I have been for as long as i can remember, and also have it on my drivers licence so if anything happens they can chop away :D
I'd be thrilled to know i'd been able to help someone in my death, would be the greatest gift as far as i'm concerned, i haven't put my DD on the list and god forbid anything happened to her i would have to think long and hard about it :cry:
I couldn't imagine having a poorly child or husband and not being able to get them help though, :(

i was going to sign up but then was told that your not actually dead when they take them...if theres any slight chance i could live i dont want the NHS to say o wel were short on lungs this week...we'l let her go and then we wont look bad :cry:

is this the way it works??

i would do it
but not for things like sceince etc
but as long as they were nice to me and didnt just butcher me up into nothing :lol:

princess_h said:
i was going to sign up but then was told that your not actually dead when they take them...if theres any slight chance i could live i dont want the NHS to say o wel were short on lungs this week...we'l let her go and then we wont look bad :cry:

In a sense, no.

They can only take organs from people who are either only just passed or are for example on life support but they are brain dead and only the machines are keeping their body alive, but they are gone.

There is no chance in a million years that they would let someone die unnecessarily purely for organs.

I am on the list, its also on my license. I wont be needing any of it once i'm gone and if something positive can some out of my passing then personally I feel obliged to be listed.

OH isnt keen, but im sure if (god forbid) the situation arose he would respect my wishes, as I would respect his wishes NOT to donate.

god what a morbid thought :cry:

glitzyglamgirl said:
princess_h said:

In a sense, no.

They can only take organs from people who are either only just passed or are for example on life support but they are brain dead and only the machines are keeping their body alive, but they are gone.

There is no chance in a million years that they would let someone die unnecessarily purely for organs.

I am on the list, its also on my license. I wont be needing any of it once i'm gone and if something positive can some out of my passing then personally I feel obliged to be listed.

OH isnt keen, but im sure if (god forbid) the situation arose he would respect my wishes, as I would respect his wishes NOT to donate.

god what a morbid thought :cry:

I know it really is..

it just worries me that I might be nearly dead and they take them...i think maybe its because I have no trust in anyone and hate the way things are run..NHS and the police etc ...

But if they make sure im dead and gone i would love to save someone else life :)

I have just put me and Riley on the register
When Riley is older she can choose to be removed but horrible thought if something happened to riley now :(
then at least her bits and bobs would go to another baby and save a baby

but enough of that thought lol

Yes I support organ donation and anything that increases the number of organ donors 100%, because my boyf had kidney failure for many years, then was on dialysis and had a transplant. Since then he has led a normal life, and even plays sport when before he couldn't even walk down the road.

Having said that I haven't got round to having the card etc for many years :lol: The idea of being an organ donor is a bit unnerving but it's worth it.

I am on the organ donor list :D

I used to give blood too but then i got pregnant and since then i've had a tattoo but i wil be giving blood again once i can :)

I registered online they sed they will send us the cards

Yep have been for years. I don't have any use for them when I'm dead and it would be great if someone else could benefit. If anthing happened to my children I would say s to them being donars too, I watch the news and see about parents of young children who are on the transplant waiting list and it breaks my heart.

I know this sounds very harsh and I dont know that I would be comfortable if it was my child that was getting organs donated but shouldnt it be mandatory.

I always feel that your body is only a shell and once you are dead and your soul is gone then you arent you anymore.

There is such a long long list of needy people, and for kiddies to be on a list is so sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back