Blood/organ Donors

I used to give blood but haven't in about 2 years.but am gonna start again next year as i had a tattoo this year and i carry a donor card as wel :D

Charlotte & Emily said:
[quote="Nic'n'Keeley":3grml1i1][quote="monster_munch":3grml1i1]I'm rhesus negative too :)

Me too :D[/quote:3grml1i1]

yay join our club lol[/quote:3grml1i1]

Woo :) between us we make up 17% of the population. MM what type are you? I'm A- which means I'm 7% of the country too. By the looks of the stock chart, the other 6% must be donor-happy or something, seems like there's plenty A- to keep 'em going a while.

Ive always wanted to give blood but had a thing about needles. Since being pg I have got over this so I will go and donate as soon as I can

I am on the organ donation register, why would I need them when Im dead when somebody else can make the most of them? I used to freak out at the thought of donating my corneas until I read somewhere about the gift of sight, something I take for granted but can change someones life so I decided I would like to donate these too

Ditto on the Corneas TD!!

When I was a kid, I begged my mum to put me on the organ donar register and she agreed but refused to put my corneas.

In a way, I do still find it a little creepy, but I certainly don't need them when I am gone, I'd rather someone else had them and it changed their lives for the better :)

I am a blood donor but I am still undecided about being an organ donor. I would be a donor without a doubt if I knew who my organs were going to but I can't help thinking that my liver will end up going to an alcoholic or my heart to a heavy smoker who are just going to carry on doing the same thing and waste the organ. I expect I will donate though as if it was me or someone in my family who needed an organ I would want somebody to kindly donate it.

Blood donor and organ donor and proud to be both!

Never had to given any organs yet but im sure when it comes to it i wont mind that much! Wont be much use to me if I'm not around!

I've given blood twice in the last year. I would do it again but they say not to when ttc. I'll definately be donating after I've had number 2 (whenever that may be :roll: )
My OH would like to donate but isn't able to cos he had leukemia as a child and had regular blood tranfusions.

We're both on the donor register. I think to have my organs cremated with my body would be a waste when they could help somebody live a bit longer.
I never thought about putting James on the register, but if something did happen to him I would like to think some good came out of his death, and maybe another child got a second chance.

Me and OH aren't married so everytime i see my parents I'm always reminding them of my wishes. They don't believe in donation and if I died I worry they'd say no to donation.

I regularly give blood
I'm on the Anthony Nolan bone marrow register and the NHS bone marrow register
I am on the organ donation register and will happily give any organ to someone who needs it.

There are not many life saving things we can do in this life and this is the one chance we have to make a real difference to the lives of people in desperate need. Please do it people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back