Would you cheat on TTC?

LouiseB

Reaction score
I was looking at Bupa fertility screening - so i'm impatient... :roll: - and i saw a process called IUI which is basically bypassing the vagina and cervix and getting the sperm right in there.

It is for couples that are fertile, but for some unknown reason aren't getting pregnant and typically they have been trying for 2 years.

I have no idea how much it costs but it got me wondering - if it was free and there was no timescale attached, would i do it just for the sake of it to get pregnant asap instead of bd'in.

I think that i'd be very tempted.

Would you?

Definitely if I had been trying for at least a couple of years and was in a situation where they said that nothing was wrong - I think it might offer a little bit more hope to those in that position :)

I agree if everything was ok and we had been trying years yes course I would

No i don't mean if you've been trying for years, i mean if you are where you are now :)

if I think its the same procedure as my friend had when she had a sperm donor then I probably wouldnt as I think she had to go on medication as well (I dont know the details of what and why) but I know when taking the hormone medication it can make you bloated, weight gain, headaches oohhhh and just a list of stuff that I wouldnt volunteer to take if it wasnt absolutley necessary xxx

I would!! we are trying home insemination at the moment so its only going one step further i guess!

excuse my ignorance here but if it were "Turkey baster" type job then of course yeah Id give that a go but if it meant doing the hormone medication then no xxx

How do i sign up?

We actually have been trying for nearly two years. And our bloody doctor refuses to even test us to see if we are fertile until we hit the two years, which is only another month away now. Thank goodness!

I am hoping that they can suggest something we can do if they find no issues with us. maybe they will suggest this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back