would like advice from you third tri ladies please

ANNA27

Reaction score
hi ladies im a 2nd tri member but thought i would ask you lot the question as you are further along. When I went to my MW appointment last week she checked the heart rate of baby with the doppler and it was 174 bpm. I thought this was very high and said so to the midwife but she said yes it is high and that was it. Do you think its normal and has anyone else had a reading that high? i was 16+6.
thanks Anna xx

I was taken to hospital yesterday with suspected Pre eclampsia. They did a trace of the baby for half hour and its heart rate was anywhere between 117 and 196. The lady said that was perfect and that the heart rate is the same as ours in that if they are resting its low and if they are kicking about it will go higher. I had to press a button everytime i felt baby move, when i got a print out at the end the high bits of heartrate where the lines shot up were exactly where i felt the movement so its definatly true.

Also just like animals the smaller they are (ie the earlier in your pregnancy you are) the higher thier heart rate, it will probably get lower on average each time you go to the MW, mine did with both of my babies.

I know on the trace graph i got yesterday 174bpm would have been in the middle of the chart it went from 100 to 220 so that must be within the normal range. I bet LO was have a dance in there and you just couldnt feel it!!!

Sounds fine to me and MW would have reffered you for another heartbeat trace at hossie if she was worried.

ive been on a ctg a few times and sometimes the reading goes up into the 190s area but the midwife said it was just because he was moving loads so his heartrate is bound to go up... ur bubba could have been running laps in there lool you never know hun... xxxx

mine was only 120 yesterday as bub was resting, seems to be most active at night so maybe that is why
x

normal for the heart rate to be high when they are moving around loads :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back