nose grown??????? oooh advice please

ANNA27

Reaction score
hi third tri ladies, this might sound stupid but this is my third pregnancy and its the first time this has happened, i dont even know if it is pregnancy related but thought id ask you lot if anyone had had it. my nose has widened at the bridge, it is very noticeable lol and hubby said it loos like ive been punched in the nose lol. anyone know wat this is?
thanks anna

I've never heard of this before during pregnancy, but I'm still pretty new to all this pregnancy stuff even though I'm due to pop :lol:

What I have heard though is that our nose and ears continue to grow (very slightly) throughout our lives, just the cartilage though I believe. If you want more info on this there's lots about it on the net :wink:

it hasnt happened to me but Ive certainly hears of it happening to other people when pregnant :)

Mystic debecca's gender tales again... nose flattening is supposed to be one of the signs of having a boy? :shock:

debecca said:
Mystic debecca's gender tales again... nose flattening is supposed to be one of the signs of having a boy? :shock:

Thats interesting, I have never heard that one! Perhaps you should do a poll of all those mummies who have had boys lately!

must be right lol just got back from scan and we :cheer: are team blue!!!!!!!!

lots of things swell up during pregnancy - soft tissue in your ears causing tinnitus, soft tissues round your wrists resulting in carpal tunnel, round and inside your nose making snoring etc worse - likely to be related to that. Never heard the boy theory but looks like in your case it is true. Should settle considerably after pregnancy. :)

been getting nosebleeds too, wonder if its the swelling causing it??????

yep nosebleeds are common too - the mucosa (lining) of the nose swells - sometimes feels like you have a permanent cold - and is more vascular (has a bigger blood supply) so bleeding is more common

J Lo had this - there was a pic of her pre pregnancy and then a pic of her during her pregnancy and you could see the change in her nose.
Think it was in the Heat Magazine

I actually can't believe there's a thread on this today.

One of the children in my class at work (aged 7) made a comment that I had "fat feet, but it's ok cos you're having a baby and that happens". Having smiled at her and laughed it off, she commented..

"oh, oh, oh, your nose gets bigger too!"

So if she says it, it must be true. :rotfl:

Yeah, I went to see my bothers new baby yesterday and on the way home with my sister she said that after she had her first (a boy) the skin on he nose peeled away like it had been stretched so hers must have got bigger too!!!

HOW WEIRD???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back