Resting Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by hugsy, Jan 3, 2012.

1. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

Just wondering if any one knows whats normal range for Resting Heart Rate during pregnancy?

When i was at my MW app this morning I noticed mine was 97, She never mentioned it and I had been telling her how i was having chest pains and tightness so guessing if it was a problem she would have said oh your hb is high!!!!!

Hubby is nearly giving him self a heart attack worrying that mine is too hight lol

2. Samsgirl

Samsgirl Well-Known Member

apparently it does go up when you are pregnant x

3. kerry5a

kerry5a Well-Known Member

Mine is high normally...around 115 and it goes up during labor, not said anything to me so 97 can't be that bad...if you see what I mean?! X

4. kerry5a

kerry5a Well-Known Member

When I say labor I meant pregnancy...doh!

5. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

60-90 is normal non-pregnant. I'd expect it to go up a bit too. Maybe she should have taken your chest pains a bit more seriously, I bet she didn't document it in your notes. Maybe see your GP.

6. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

A normal rate can be anything from 60 to 100 BPM - and because blood pressure is sometimes lower during pregnancy then heart rate is usually higher - if you are concerned you could give your MW a call :)

7. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

Yeah i know its not the first time iv mentioned it to them and the gp fobbed me off over it too even though i have a murmur and errors on my ecg along with a history of non pregnancy related chest pains

Just get fed up telling them when they dont listen but was little worrie that if there is a problem pregnancy might be putting more of a strain on it

MW did say if pain got worse or i was worried to just go to hospital lol so guess if it keeps up thats what il have to do :)

Good to know 97 is normal ish for pregnancy though thanks girls

8. Hope81

Hope81 Well-Known Member

Your heart rate is absolutely fine. Any chest pain though in a pregnant woman should be checked. I am sure everything will be fine.

9. Esperanza84

Esperanza84 Well-Known Member

The amount of blood in your body is much higher when you're pregnant, that's why your heart rate is higher as well. I used to listen to my heart rate, worrying, but now I now it's normal to have a higher heart rate when pregnant.

You should call mw and ask her if you experience more pains!

I'm sure everything is fine!

xx

10. hugsy

hugsy Well-Known Member

Thanks hun

I do tend to be a around 70 ish so 97 seemed a bit of a jump but if i had not been having the pains i proub wouldnt have thought anything about it

Pains are gone now anyway so feeling better :)