Worry Wart- needing some advice

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Could use some advice to maybe put my mind at rest if possible.

I have OC and as such have been told im at higher risk of prem delivery I go every week to hostpital for monitoring of baby and im due to be induced at 37 weeks. Well for last few days ive been getting a lot of tightenings and period type pains which are becoming painful and lower back ache with lots of pressure pains. I told my midwife about it on last appointment and she said as long as cant time them should be ok and if can or start to then go straight to hospital.

Now I know braxton hicks are common as are tightenings and pressure pains but Im worried that I might be missing some signs thats labour is indimant plus Im not feeling too well bit sickly. Havent lost any plug or anything do you think Im worrying for nothing and this is all part of it or am i right to worry, I just dont like to call the unit and sound like a paranoid first time mummy.

On the plus side shes moving well enough.

Thanks girlies XXX

to be honest with your history etc I would call them. I did the other day and just went in for the hour and was put on the monitor. It was so quick and they didn't mind better to be safe than sorry. xxxx

It all sounds like Braxton Hicks and false labour, unless you can time them and they get worse. However because of the OC i would call them and tell them your worried and see what they say xx

I'm getting the same as you, so I'd put it down to just normal pregnancy pains and our bodies getting ready for labour.
Try not to worry too much, even though that's obviously easier said then done, especially with your health history and risks etc!

Just keep an eye on the tightenings/braxton hicks, and if you ever notice a pattern (even a slight one) then think about calling your MW or hospital and telling them about it.

:hugs:

Im having exactly the same pains/tightenings/sickness as you hunni and some of its quite painful,

Agree with other ladies bout putting your mind at rest just give mw a ring see what they say xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back