been in hospital AGAIN this morning!

Danielle77

Reaction score
I'm now a regular at the labour ward. I had a brown discharge this morning, so they wanted me to go in and be checked. Baby's hb and movement is fine.....but the monitor showed I was getting tightenings. (I couldnt feel this). They had their hands on my stomach, saying 'there, can you feel that?' and I'm like 'errr, no!'. Anyway, we're hoping they were braxton hicks - even though I couldnt feel a thing!!

They then had a feel of baby and said that the head is extrememly low but I'm not to worry??!! I had a choice of having a speculum or not - i said no as didnt want to disturb anything down there incase its prem labour. He said he was happy with whatever decision I made. So, I'm back home and I've just got to keep an eye on things. Any more blood loss/pain or lack of movement, I have to go back in.

Im totally confused...

what does it mean (good/bad?) that baby is extrememly low?
why couldnt I feel these 'tightenings'?
does it mean baby is destined to come early?

To top it all off, I have really low blood pressure and Im really weak!
Any advice/experiences welcome! x

i dont really have any advice other than you have to try and take it easy hon......lots of rest x

Try not to worry hun, baby is moving and fine.

Put your feet up and rest for the afternoon x

Try not to panic hun, Albert's very low and my mw didn't bat an eyelid. Try to get some rest xxxxxx

they kept telling me ella was really low but not to worry as first time babies get lower and into position quicker apparently!

i was in hospital in early labour and couldnt feel the tightenings but the machine was showing them.

take it easy x

Sorry don't have any suggestions other than take it easy and rest hun x

Don't really have any advice, but take it easy! Rest a little if you can.
I've heard first time babies can move down really quickly. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back