Worried about strange movements...........UPDATED

Alicebabe

Reaction score
For the last couple of hours, my belly has been 'pulsating' quite obviously (you can see it) and its like a heartbeat. It just wont stop and I'm worried the baby is distressed. Its happened before, mostly at night but today its making me really worried. I have been getting proper kicks and other movements too but it feels like baby is having an epileptic fit in there or something. Reassurance please! :pray:

sounds to me like hiccups but strange to have it for hours without a break ?
Are you sure its been continuous ?

Definitely not hiccups - baby gets them all the time but this is completely different. I would say its definitely been over an hour now. Baby is head down with its back to my left so its where I would imagine its bum would be.............. :think:

Not really sure what that could be hun but maybe phone the labour ward and get them to check you over and check on LO? It will put your mind at ease :hug: :hug:

omg i get this to i wanted to post but wasnt sure how to word it. its definately not hiccups, i can see my stomach moving too and its deffinately baby as it comes from where babies bum is, but it moves in a way you wouldnt expect a baby to. I dont know what it is either but i've found it quite worrying. Its almost like a heartbeat isnt it but too strong to be as you can see it pulsing under the skin.
I really have no idea, would be intersting to know if anyone has an answer??

I get this too sometimes..... I thought it might be the placenta - does it not 'pulse'?

Yeah i was thinking the same hun... possibly the placenta or maybe the cord in an awkward position pressing against your skin?? x

i get the same but dont recall it with the others, i was monitored in hospital today for other reasons and it was happening then but they didnt seem worried by it so i assume it ok, didnt think to ask :doh:
Funny enough this baby is head down and round to the side too :think:

Phoned labour ward and they said to come in so off I went (only live 2 mins away)

Had a CTG which was completely normal but they all said it was either a muscle spasm coming from me (not convinced) but most likely, the baby was practising breathing movements which when I think about it, sounds about right because of the way my tummy was going up and down. I did think it was a little high coz it was round the bum area but 2 midwives said they have seen it before and the baby was 100% happy.

Feel so relieved - its stopped now anyway! When we went to labour ward, we saw a woman in a wheelchair going off to a room and she was screaming in pain - DH was nearly crying over it coz he was so excited she was having a baby - wonder what he'll be like when its his own?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back