Worried about movements

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
So there was a period of time where I felt really strong kicks and stuff, and recently (the last weeks or so) I've not really felt anything really strong. I use a doppler and listen for a heartbeat that is there, and can see belly moving sometimes, and occasionally feel a kick, but I am starting to get worried. Surely movements are meant to get stronger and more frequent, not softer and less frequent?

xx

Well I get less kicks now and just feel him moving about now, prob cos he's running out of space. If your concerned get checked out, will give you peace of mind if your worried xxx

Movement does change hun. When I was 32 weeks I noticed a difference and posted here about it. Mw said you should still feel as much movement but they are running out of room so it won't be somersaults etc. But you should never feel bad for calling them if you're worried.
X

Hey, I had similar concerns; I had a fair amount of movement and movement seems to have a little lessened a little; for most of the day yesterday I had little movement, but last night bean was making herself known... I am guessing with less room to move, movements will change.. I don't see how they can be the same when the room inside your belly is decreasing due to baby growth!!

I am checking regularly with the doppler and this eases a lot of my worries, but if your are really worried speak to mw... I am not afraid to phone mine with the silliest of concerns as it is better to be over cautious I think... best of luck and just call your mw with any concerns, really it is what they are there for.. xxx

I too had a reduction in movement in the early 30's, but I would defo go get checked out if you're worried. My midwife has said to me at every appointment 'if you are at all worried about movements get checked, don't feel like your wasting time'. The girls are right the movements do change in how they feel, but they should still happen. I have noticed a big increase in movements since 39 weeks, i reckon she's well squashed by now!! x

I feel a lot more movements now rather than kicks. Ring the MW if you are concerned though to put your mind at rest! xx

Thanks girls.

I don't just want to turn up at hospital, as they will just listen for a heartbeat and send me home. I guess if I call my midwife then she will tell me what to do. I kind of want them to scan and make sure baby is growing OK and still happy.

I just wish the worry would end!

xx

I get big kicks in the ribs and punches in the groin but other than that it's just movements like he's trying to get comfy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back