Worried about new bad eating habits

stumpyjoe

Reaction score
Since my morning sickness has kicked in I feel like I'm eating all the time to try and stop the sickness! But it's not good healthy stuff. I read somewhere that Ginger biscuits help so I eat a couple of those a day and I feel like I'm living on bread. And I'm so tired on a night I haven't the energy to make teas so we are living on rubbish. Last night I forced myself to make a homemade tomatoe pasta sauce (and it was lush even if I do say so myself). I'm not gorging on chocolate and sweet stuff but I'm worried I'll put weight on that I shouldn't - and I'm off to Mexico in three weeks. I'm really trying but the thought of most veg and fruit turns my stomach.
Anyone else like this?

I'm with you hun.

Before my bfp I was an "at least 5 of my fruit and veg a day" only wholemeal bread products and limits on my choc and takeway and processed foods.

Since my bfp I have eaten rubbish. Before ms kicked in I wanted bready, carby stuff. But with my ms it's after I eat that I am sick so I am hardly eating anything during the day. And when I do manage to eat it isnt good. At the moment I have lost weight, but I am hoping that my ms will subside soon and I go back to eating fruit and veg. At the moment I dont want to know! And as per my other thread I have developed a thing for s&s chicken and egg fried rice.

Are you taking pregnacare?

I'm still eatting rubbish! I do feel guilty but I can't stomach fruit. Veg is getting better and I've started cooking proper meals again but while my sickness was bad I couldn't cook and was living on fast food!! As long as your earring something, LO will take what it needs from you! Just keep taking your folic acid too!

I'm the same,am havin to force veg down me,would much rather have stodge and carbs xx

yeah i am the same, i just want really unhealthy stodgey food all the time

feel like a right porker atm too so trying to chill it but it's hard isn't it?!

OH is going mad because I will make something nice for tea and then have a frozen fish pie or some noodles instead

Yeah I'm addicted to carbs too and yes I'm taking pregnacare(thank god). I'm also drinking lots of orange juice as it helps keep the sickness away.

i wouldnt worry too much i lived ion rich tea biscuits for 4-5 days cause thats all i could eat when you get past the sickness u'll be able to concentrate on eating healthier x

Yeah I'm addicted to carbs too and yes I'm taking pregnacare(thank god). I'm also drinking lots of orange juice as it helps keep the sickness away.

That's good. Wow orange juice works for you? Anything with orange I kept bringing back up which I linked to orange juice being quite acidic.

Isnt it funny how we all react differently to certain things??

I'm drinking loads of fruit juice,I have half orange,half pineapple and am drinkin at least 2 litres of it a day...it's even got to the stage where I keep a back up stash in my fridge so o never run out lol xx

That's good. Wow orange juice works for you? Anything with orange I kept bringing back up which I linked to orange juice being quite acidic.

Isnt it funny how we all react differently to certain things??

orange on it's own gives me heartburn which I'd y I mix it xx

I'm having a bad day so I have just eaten a pasty and am halfway through a packet of foxes cream biccies resverved for our family holiday picnic! Whoops

pasties and pies usually kill me with heartburn but not now!!

mmmm steak bake from greggs (not even from a nice pasty shop, i am in to the council ones!)

I'm not too bad but I could be better, Been making sure I have my 5 a day by having Asdas passionfruit, peach and orange juice which is lovely as well as cranberry and orange juice now and again.
Eating lots of salad or salad + cole meat sandwiches too. Also right now give me a plate of peas and some tomato ketchup and I'm a happy bunny nothing new there though :)

Had a chicken and cheese and sweetcorn sub today and chucked it in the microwave was gorgeous :)

All I can stomach at the moment are eggs, especially scotch eggs and eggy sandwiches.

All I can say is thank god for fybogel!

I feel much better now - I'm really trying but bread is my friend (wholemeal mind)! I've just been for a 1.5 mile walk but I felt sick when I came back and scoffed cereal bar. Never mind ha ha

Yeah, my diet is also terrible. I feel sick if I don't eat constantly so have been relying on biscuits and crisps to make it through the day. Try to have cereal with added sultanas and fruit juice for breakfast, and some fruit with lunch but by the time I get in from work at night I am too tired to cook anything, and just eat junk. My OH loves the added excuse to have a takeaway. Hoping my diet will get better as my sickness and tiredness decrease. In the mean time I am hoping Pregnacare will help!

Yeah, my diet is also terrible. I feel sick if I don't eat constantly so have been relying on biscuits and crisps to make it through the day. Try to have cereal with added sultanas and fruit juice for breakfast, and some fruit with lunch but by the time I get in from work at night I am too tired to cook anything, and just eat junk. My OH loves the added excuse to have a takeaway. Hoping my diet will get better as my sickness and tiredness decrease. In the mean time I am hoping Pregnacare will help!
This sounds exactly like me! I'm
so glad i'm not alone my hubby is loving the takeaways too ha ha

I'm ill at the moment with sickness and have really went off food. Had some cheesy pasta tonight and feel i can only manage certain things. I really hope this sickness passes soon it's awful. :-(

I ate carbs all the way through tri 1 and put on 12lbs! But I have lost 3 of those now I;m eating normally again. I think it evens itself out. I was really worried as I thought I was going to put on stones but I seem to have regulated it a bit now!

Hey! My morning sickness has eased up over the last 3 dys, no sickness on day one, sick x2 on day 2 and today nothing! So had mash potato for breakfast today as that's all I felt I could handle! Lol!
Someone said a very wise thing to me the other day-you only crave what your body needs so I look at it as the other day I craved strawberries so ate a punnet of them, the next day bananas and cherries so ate them and the day after milk chocolate so I ate a bar of chocolate! I'm not really trying to be on any kind of diet as I'd say mine was particularly varied anyway, so try and relax about it and when your body needs vitamins or a juicy peach it will tell you. That's my theory anyway haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back