Worried about not eating.

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hey girls.

As some of u know, I've been suffering pretty badly with my sickness all this week.
As a result, I've not been able to eat very much.
Most things I've ate through the week, I've thrown up again. And up until last night, I was even throwing water back up!

Last night I was able to manage a handful of diced roast potatoes, and this morning I ate 2 dry crackers. I haven't thrown up today but I've stood over the toilet wretching and heaving quite a lot.

I'm able to sip water now, but still unable to eat anything, and I'm really worried incase I'm doing any harm. I've been taking the pregnacare vits every evening so hopefully that's giving the baby some nourishment. But I really can't face eating. I might have 2 more crackers later, but that's about it.

Is this really bad? Am I doing my baby harm? X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

aww hun its horrid isnt it. some mornings i was throwing up bile and retching all thru the day. i found apples helped me survive the worst days but as long as its not for too long a time and you can still drink water i dont think it will harm your baby. if it goes on for too long, or you get dehydrated or lose lots of weight or if you start throwing up blood id go the doctor and ask for help.

i found that watery fruit like melon or apples eaten when i first felt a little queasy helped and that having an empty stomach made it worse. some ppl found that boiled sweets, mints, gum or ginger products (tea, biscuits, ginger ale or beer) helped. some ppl i was in tri 1 and 2 with while suffering worst founf that those travel sickness bracelets helped a lot too.

Thank u!

I ate dry crackers first thing this morning and haven't thrown up today, just dry heaved a lot.
Was meant to go out and buy one of those bracelets today but have been too sick. I just about managed to do a load of washing lol.

I was just worried that not eating was doing harm. X

The vitamins will help alot. It's the fluids you really need to keep an eye on. If you start vomiting after just water again I would see the mw or gp, you need to be able to drink or you'll end up on a drip :(

Hope it starts to get better soon xxxxxxxxx

Try eating cheese on crackers, its a little bit more filling and tasty, it helped me when I was hardly eating. Might help u get ur strength back up to start eating again. Ur in a vicious cycle ur feeling sick because ur not eating, but ur not eating because u feel sick. The only way to get over it is to try and eat even if ur not hungry. xx

Thanks girls

I've just ate a packet of mini cheddars, and still sipping on water.
Think I might keep the crackers by my bed and have 2 as soon as I wake up, and nibble on them throughout the day. Hopefully that'll ease the sickness a bit! X

yeah a lot of ladies said that if they had a little something before they got up in the morning and then nibbled constantly thru the day it helped a lot

jay jay feel for you i do,

Im still wretching and heaving, just feels normal now, xx

I've not managed to eat much, probably not as little as you are though. I've just tried to snack today rather than having full meals, but it is worrying. Hugs xxx

Hi jayjay, I found a Ginger Nut biscuit first thing this morning worked wonders, so I think I might keep these by the bed. Little bit more tasty than dry crackers and also the ginger is soothing apparently xx

Well I am 5 + 5 today and for the last 3 days I have felt really rough without being sick though. We have had 2 Christmas days with different family members each day at our house. My husband has done a fantastic job of cooking two 3 course meals, but I've barely touched the roast dinner on each. If it were up to me, nothing but liquid would have passed my lips for the last few days. It doesn't sound likely that I will get away without morning sickness, does it? Just can't believe I've been hit so hard, so early - I thought I had another couple of weeks' grace going by my first pregnancy. Guess I was wrong!
Hope it gets better for you soon, it sounds like you've had your fair share now. xx

Hi honey. When I was really bad my doctor said not to worry as baby will take all it needs from you. Fluids are the most important thing so just keep sipping water through the day. You have my sympathy. It's awful being so sick. I'm 12 1/2 weeks now and still being sick. I can't remember the last time I was so skinny!

My sickness has eased off a little, its just when I cough, i find myself being sick or wretching :/ managed to scoff my face though! :D x

I managed to eat some veg, a couple of roasties, and 2 mouthfuls of turkey on Christmas day, which was all brought back up on boxing day lol.

Went to my parents house for boxing day dinner and only ate the mash and veg - its almost mid day and I'm yet to be sick today, although I feel rough :(

Good thing is, water, for the most part, is staying down :)

I read that women with morning sickness are 30% less likely to miscarry, so that's a good thing.
I'm just fed up of being sick. Christmas has to be the worst time to be sick lol.

Hun I know exactly what u mean, I was sick 3 times Xmas day and felt rough all day and yesterday too. I did manage to eat some Xmas dinner but brought it back up a few hours later :(

I still get days where I don't feel as bad so it's not all bad at 14 weeks :) but I am so fed up of feeling sick now, think it was wishful thinking it would be gone by 12 weeks! Xx

Aw hun, horrible being sick at xmas :) just think though, next xmas you'll have a little baby :D it'll be worth it!! Hope it starts to ease off soon :hugs: x x

Aw Kanga u poor thing!
I can only hope mine eases off before then, 7 weeks of being sick would really break me lol.

I managed to eat some veg, a couple of roasties, and 2 mouthfuls of turkey on Christmas day, which was all brought back up on boxing day lol.

Went to my parents house for boxing day dinner and only ate the mash and veg - its almost mid day and I'm yet to be sick today, although I feel rough :(

Good thing is, water, for the most part, is staying down :)

I read that women with morning sickness are 30% less likely to miscarry, so that's a good thing.
I'm just fed up of being sick. Christmas has to be the worst time to be sick lol.

I only managed some soup and a couple of yorkshire puddings :( Oh, and pavlova of course! I don't have a problem eating sweet things it would seem :p

That's nice to hear about the morning sickness statistics! Makes it all worthwhile :) xx

Yeah the morning sickness stats def made me feel better!

Lol @ being able to eat pavlova. I'd not be able to eat that on a good day, eugh.
I did actually manage a small bowl of custard with a scoop of ice cream last night though, which was actually quite soothing.

I'm finding that I can eat anything that has a sweet, fruity flavour without any bother. Pineapple chicken from the Chinese was a godsend on Christmas day, as I'd not managed to eat a whole lot, I ate so much and it was wonderful!!

I think if I'm struggling to eat next week still I'm going to have to find some new recipes, as all I can think of for a sweet meal would be like Sweet and Sour noodles, but I do love stir fries so could go for other fruity flavours there.

Have you found anything at all that you can tolerate? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back