World against brestfeeding?!?!

Mummy Rich

Reaction score
Why does it seem that women shouldnt do this anymore?!!?

I am all for both methods... it's a personal opinion and if you choose to breastfeed then that's your choice right? Same for bottle feeding

So why when I am discussing the baby do ppl start telling me remedies for stopping the milk coming out then look @ me like I have ten heads when I say I wanna try to breastfeed.

Ppl are like oh right.... why?!?!?!?!?! Why on earth would you wanna do that??

So narrow minded some ppl

Rant over....xx

I know just what you mean! When I've said I want to breastfeed, so many people have said 'Yeah, we'll see' 'You won't last two minutes - most people give up after a week coz it's the most painful thing ever' and 'Most women can't breastfeed'. :shock:

What!?! So you're telling me that I can go through childbirth, but not put up with breastfeeding, and also that the most natural thing in the world is only acheived by a small amount of people? I think some people just like to act like they know best when they clearly don't! x

Exactly!!

What gives them the right to be so negative. Because of this I have found myself going from saying 'I'm going to breastfeed' to 'I am going to try breastfeed'

Ggggrrr

I am sick of ppl picking up on all the negative things..

quote me 'i feel tired today'
other 'haha wait till the baby comes then you'll know what tired is'
and lots more comments as such...pipe down you negativeos! x

It's a personal choice! I'm going to BF 'cause I want my baby to get the right nutrients and immunity from me from the start. I have heard it can be painful, but that's also a sign that baby might just not be latched on properly. I'll give it my best shot and if I can't do it then I will try bottle feeding..! Can't believe what people have been saying to you about it! xxx

wow theres me thinking that ppl look down on mothers that bottle feed.
I agree that some women cant cope with breast feeding but there a lot who do it for months. It all depends on the person.
I would like to try it, but im kinda not liking the idea of a baby sucking.
(tmi me and Oh were "at it" when he began sucking and the baby just flashed through my mind and i told him to get off, it went right thru me)
I may try it to give baby some nutrients, other than that i think il bottle feed.

Hahahaha

love it!

That just stopped me from having a hormonal cry over this larky

positiveos!!!xxx

Ex's sister said to me when i was pregnant "the best thing you can spend your money on is a good sterliser/bottles/warmer" and i said that i was planning to breastfeed. Her reply to that was "why would you want to do that? Its disgusting!" :shock:

Aww hun :(

The whole world isn't against breast-feeding. I think alot of Mums have just had bad experiences and think other women will too. It's up to you at the end of the day.

:hug:

I for one am planning on breastfeeding to at least 3 months, using a breast pump if I need to use bottles. I imagine sore nips must be a nightmare but you can buy 'nipple protectors' (lol) for that so all this, 'I can't breastfeed' is somewhat silly. It makes me ask myself, 'well how did babies survive in the good ol' days when bottles weren't an option?'

It bugs me that people getting offended by a women breastfeeding. Despite what men would have us believe, it's what our boobies are for!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back