• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone has smething to say! (Finding out the sex)

:hug: I got them to write it down and my OH opened the envelope first and then said he will give me 3 kisses and then tell me.....so he did and he said its a girl! Of course I sat in the hospital car park beaming and crying my eyes out I looked like a complete and utter doughnut!!! But Im such a emotional person that I think if I waited till Pip was born and had her and got told she was a she I would of been crying for frigging hours!!!!!!!

My sister and her finance don't want to know....my boyfriends Dad doesn't want to know so we wont tell them although they do have to put up with everyone knowing around them because alot do want to know! I found that before we knew they all said "ohhh you don't want to find out do you? It will ruin it" but its a completely different story when they know you know hahaha everyone wants to know if you do!!!

I've had the same response from people today.

We was going to stay team green at first but then due to family gifts we have both now decided and booked our 4d scan.

Although some of their comments have hurt me, i'm thinking we have 2 days of surprises and joys not just one! The day we find out the sex and get the dvd to keep and then the day when they finally arrive in the world!

Dont worry what other people say. Do what you both want to do.
:hug: :hug:

Because we've pretended that we didn't find out even though we did, I have been surprised by people's comments. I have had the 'oh I'm so glad, you'd have spoiled the surprise' from most people. Which to be honest is starting to grate on me, especially when it has come from people who haven't found out the sex before the birth themselves. I mean how could they possibly know that finding out at 20 weeks spoils the surprise if they haven't had that experience :think:

I am so glad we found out, it is really nice being able to refer to him as he/him/Oscar (even though we obviously only do that whilst we are alone). I am also glad I have, so far, kept it from everyone else as it is our little secret. Personally I feel much more bonded to him by knowing the sex and I think OH does too. I always felt a bit weird referring to him as 'baby' before the scan. I know it sounds stupid but he feels like more of a person now. Obviously I can't say that it wasn't just the experience of the 20 week scan that made me feel closer to him.

I would say that it is a very personal decision for a couple to make. I like finding out other people's babies genders on here but then at the same time it's nice to think that they'll still be some team greenies for us to find out at the birth.

Aww thats a lovely way to do it Nickilubs...just out of interest, did they write a percentage in your envelope? My friend has just had hers written down last week but it just said 'girl' and now shes fretting about how sure the sonographer was as she never looked at the bits herself so wondered if yours gave more info in it?.x

:rotfl: The only extra info I got was a scribbled out BOY!!!! Hahaha fills me with confidence when I see it!!!!!

I really wanted to find out what I was having but was worried that I was going to regret knowing and wish that it was still a surpise. I asked everyone I know wjho had found out and not one of them regretted finding out. I am so pleased that I found out now as my baby feels like a person and I definately don't regret finding out at all. If you want to find out hun, you find out don't let anyone elses comments put you off.

Xxx

I do think it is down to the individual. I only got a few comments of 'Ooooh don't you want the surprise' but IMO it was still a surprise finding out at the scan and we love knowing that we have a little man and picturing everything we'll do as he grows up.

I admire those who choose to wait, and like I said it's personal choice.

There are so many things we get eyeballed for when preggers for eating or doing the wrong thing, and this is just another one of them :roll: It will never change.

Aww hun! I had this too off my dad, and yet, at my 20 week scan he was so excited to find out!? Wierd.. I wish people would just leave us the hell alone with our decisions...

...We're not committing any crimes by finding out!

These are our first bubbas and it didn't bother me in the slightest what the sex was, just like you, I just wanted to be prepared as I'm not going to have a lot of money when she's here and wanted to start buying clothes for her (and you can only buy so much white/lemon :roll:

Steelgoddess said:
Also what do you say to these ppl??

"F*CK OFF" :think: :lol:

Im team green but not by my choice, hubby really didnt want to know so i thought id wait. I asked at my 4d scan the other week if most people find out now and she said about 75%! So its surprise bumps that are less com mon.x

We didn't find out last time and we won't be again - but not because we "don't want to spoil the surprise" that's rubbish. I just really enjoyed having my baby passed to OH (I had an emergency section) and then my OH told me that she was a girl.

But really I don't think it makes much difference what you decide so long as its what you want.

The thing I've discovered is that as soon as you're pregnant every decision you make you will have people giving you their opinion about what you should have done and why.

Forget them, keep yourself happy.

thanks girls, you guys are so great...

Well at my revioew today i discussed having my scan with my boss and he said "But that spoils the surprise!" I just rolled my eyes, so the HR lady piped up and said, i didnt find out but I can see that it is practical nd you can plan a bit better etc...

My boss then said "Oh so you want to know what colour to paint the room"

How dumb is he?! yes I want to find out the sex of my baby so I know what coour to paint the room, i mean wtf?!

Also i agree with you ladies the bigest surprise will be when we hold the baby in our arms, finding out if he or she looks like mummy or daddy and the hugest surprise that we wont know for a long time to come is what personality they will develop, what their first word will be when they first learn to walk... ou get the jist, I agree whatever happens someone will always have something to say no matter what...

xxxx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back