Work letter...Maternity leave?

Tinkerbell21

Reaction score
Have any of you written a letter about when you want maternity leave to start? do i address this to HR or my manager? Im also going to tell work im having 9months off but im having a year :) what about everyone else?

My work are pestering me for a letter already but i dont feel right doing it untill my 20 week scan on friday.
I would write it to HR as they are the ones who keep at me for mine.
Also i was planning on putting that i will be out for the full year and go back earlier if i feel any different, just wondering how they would be if i told them less and then still took the full year?
XxX

yeah you dont have to tell them til you get your mat b1 form

also i would tell them you are taking the year as sometimes it is harder to tell them you want to take more xx

I don't think u have to tell them
how long u want to take off...aslong as u give them 28 days notice b4 u return xx

My work dont even want a letter!Wierd!

You have to give a letter 15 weeks before baby is due i think. Legally they are not allowed to ask you when you will be back, you could say i think 6 months, but then not return until 12 months. I think they just need to know what kinda contract they need to cover your maternity...6 or 12 months. When you are on leave they cannot ask you, at all, when you think you may come back, you tell them as and when you are ready (but must be 8 weeks before you return to work, or choose to leave)

I whave handed mine in. Addressed it to my manager, told them the date I would like to start and said I would keep to the year, and would give them notice if I change my mind about return date. Very easy and simple :) x

I have sent mine to hr but have recently changed my mind about start date, am going earlier as struggling already with back.

I logged a ticket winth my HR and they told me everything via a policy, (large company!)
My manager wanted to know at 14 weeks when I was leaving and when I would be back, I didn't have to but got it all organised as it's nice to know you have done it.

Remeber for paternity leave my OH's company wanted the samre nottice, by 15 weeks before due date, and that past two weeks ago for me, so bear that in mind if you going to take patenity leave ? they don't hav to pay you the whole lot tho , just SPP Statutory Paternity pay, but sainsburys do, so phew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back