Any one else having problems at work?

Tenshineko

Reaction score
Is any one else having trouble with there employers? I have a manager that i dont like, its a long story. But when ever im off sick she says i 'really need to get my MAT 1B form in', my widwife has already told me i wont get this till im 20 weeks and iv told my manager this. I was off sick yesterday with a bad back and she asked me for my form again (its about 6 times now!), i asked her why because my midwife said i wont get it for another 2 weeks at the earliest and she said HR cant make a pregnancy file till theyve got proof im pregnant. My pregnancy sick leave doesnt count towards any warning so they want to make sure im definatly pregnant basically. Aparently there pestering my old manager that notified them that im pregnant. Im so angry, surely im not the only person thats been pregnant there and other people have had the same problem? They have the cheek to pester people because iv been off sick and they havnt even done me a desk assesment for my work station :shock: theyve known from 9 weeks!! I asked her when i need to notify them of my maternity leave and she said 'to be honest i have no idea'... why is she not looking this up for me? Shes so unhelpful its untrue. Iv felt like shes done nothing but put more pressure on me. I love working but it seems like such a hassle im getting to the point where i want to tell them to p*ss off :(

She said to me that i either need my Mat 1B form or a letter from my midwife saying im pregnant. :shock:

Is this normal? any one else had any problems at work?? :hug:

She sounds like a sucky boss tbh, how does she expect you to get the form when it hasnt been issued to you yet? :oops: I told my manager today that i wont be able to give her the MAT B1 Form til my next apt with the midwife at 24 weeks and she said that its fine. No advice sorry just wanted to give you a :hug:

i was just reading somewhere about these forms, it said you have to get them to your emplyer at 25 weeks so you have weeks to do that, don't let anyone bully you and you do not have to take a letter from your midwife, just make them wait and give them your form when you are 1 day from been 25 weeks, that is what i would do now just to be awkward, a;so think you have to book maternity leave by 25 weeks, so just tell them to back off
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

what a horrible manager where do these people get off treating you like that is there some1 you can go to higher than her. those ppl make me soo mad

I was going to ask her manager about my maternity leave and slip in something about my forms while shes off so it doesnt look like im going behind her back. I dont want to make it hard for myself, she could make it really awkard for me if i started messing about. Just want a manager that actually managers people rather than leaving people to get on with it. I want to get things in on time and do it as it should be but she doesnt know when i need to tell them about maternity leave and is obsesing about something that is out of my controle :? Some one had a go at management on my behalf today as i felt too upset to bring up the fact that i havent had an assesment yet and im starting to get a bad back (which is probably pregnancy related but by law they need to check my work station). Aparently there waiting for someone to come and do it :x Other people on my team have been really supportive, and others have noticed the lack of management skills that my manager seems to have :roll:

Your boss sounds horrible! You don't get your MAT B1 until at least 20 weeks when you have your anomaly scan and your MW has to see you and put your estimated due date on there etc. As long as you've put it in writing to your employer that you're pregnant they cannot use any pregnancy related sickness against you and you have to inform them in writing by 25 weeks when you wish you start your maternity leave. You should also start enquiring about your maternity allowance as the forms will have to be signed by your employer even if you're not entitled to it and have to claim MA from the government.

So much paperwork! Hope you're ok xxx

sounds like a pain. and alot of ppl are posting on different threads that there work places isnt getting in the risk assments or just taking really ages to do it. Its annoying coz the expect you to work but how can you if its not safe for you and thats part of their job to do that argghh its annoying i think im extra sensitive as iv taken two days off as i felt unwell and really tired and i no when i go bk in tomorro il be given the silent treatment or whatever by the store manager or it will be trudie u need to this trudie u need to that and sh will be on my case all day and make other ppl get on my case some times she ask me to do something and within mins of her asking me 3 other manager will tell me to do the same all when im on my break as well and atm that really gets to me. i no iv been with the company 6 years and i no the job inside out back to front up side down lol and have more experience then most of they staff added together but they lay a lot of responsiblity on me and its unfair when im just a memeber of staff. few rant over lol just some managers are useless and it sounds like yous dont deserve the job and i think you should go over her head and if she makes ur life hell make a formal compliant it sounds like your team feels the same about her so im sure ul haveplenty of back up hope things gets better for you hun xx

do you still work for a government office? the maternity rules are very clear cut and you should have access to the intranet version of the staff guidelines for maternity (unless they've changed it since I worked for the government). If you are getting no where then if you belong to the union then contact them and/or contact HR directly. also find out who your Health and Safety rep is, most offices would have a list up somewhere with the names on, and speak to them, they should be able to do the pregnancy work station assessment, if you need an ergonomic work station assessment these used to be done via a referral to the occupational health.
Your manager has to take your word for it if you say that your illness is pregnancy related but they can ask for proof of the pregnancy, can you not show something that you already have from your GP/midwife etc, hosp notes etc which shows your edd/edc on it?

MAT B1 form doesn't have to be in til 24 weeks hun whats she on about? i know how you feel i have had a few days off sick with nausea and light headiness on the good side my employers have been good but i do feel guilty letting down my collegues. at the end of the day you and your baby are most important is your dr supportive? can you be signed off just to get her off your back?

This is what it says on the direct.gov website hun so tell them you have until 15 weeks before your baby is due before you ahve to give notice, link also below...

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Mon ... G_10039631

Telling your employer that you want to take maternity leave
Tell your employer at least 15 weeks before the beginning of the week your baby's due. If this isn't possible (eg because you didn't realise you were pregnant), tell them as soon as possible. You need to say:

you're pregnant
when the baby's due
when you want to start your maternity leave (you can change the date later, if you give 28 days' notice)
Your employer might ask for notice in writing. They may also ask for a copy of Form MAT B1, the maternity certificate, which says when the baby's due. Your doctor or midwife will give you a copy of the MAT B1 form after you've been pregnant for 21 weeks, they cannot give this to you any earlier.

Once you've told your employer that you want to take maternity leave, they should write to you within 28 days, telling you the date when your leave will end.

pee on a stick and leave the (wet) stick on her desk. That should shut her up! :lol:

Personally, I would email HR, copying in your manager and your manager's manager, and say that despite having notified your manager of your pregnancy, you have still not had a workplace risk assessment done, contrary to current law. You have had to take sick leave recently due to back problems, and your doctor is concerned that this is related to the workplace set-up. As a result, you are particularly keen to have the assessment done as soon as possible, to prevent you having to take further time off work.

That should put the cat among the pigeons. It's your manager's legal responsibility to ensure that this is done...

by the way, if you've got your prescription charges maternity exemption card, you could always use that as 'proof'. Though I still prefer the peestick option.

What is your bosses problem? You don't need any proof yet! Can't they just wait a few weeks to set up their file :roll:

Why are people so flipping horrible, mean and stupid. Your boss sounds like a first class dick.

On a more sensible note, I completely agree with KittyKins. Be strong and empowered and get annoyed

I also prefer this POAS option to engaging with her stupidness about proving you are pregnant! I have never heard of this. I think this posts makes me realise how lovely my boss is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back