Maternity leave . . .

I'd have next years hols and bank holidays to take by the time i got back so could add an extra month on to the 8/9 months too :)
It's sounding more and more tempting!! Lol! I've worked since I was 13 years old, I had 3 jobs and school ath that age, I left and started full time in an apprenticeship when I was 16 and I've literally never had more than a weeks holiday at a time and everytime I take the odd day off here and there I always end up running around for the family..... 12 weeks left at work sounds like a might fine idea!! :D xxx

I work in retail as well and am struggling with the lifting so at the moment I want to leave as early as possible! But if they play ball and move me to less busy shifts then I'll be waiting until mid Sept...well that's the plan now! Let's see how the summer heat goes!! It's so hard to decide because ideally I'd love to go early and prepare but then I wouldn't have as much time with baby when they're actually here. Ah well - have to wait to speak to HR and see what they're going to do regarding my shifts! x

Im due on the 10th September and Im off on maternity on the 15th August but also taking a week before that out of my annual leave - so my last day will be the 5th August.

I wanted to get as much time as possible beforehand to do some 'nesting' and sleeping!!!
xxx

robtans1st and SunnyGirl - i do work in retail, on a shoe department, which can mean bending down to put shoes on ladies feet, as its within a 14+ store so not all of our customers can get to their feet on their own! though i am currently not having any problems with doing my job, and havent felt tired during the day yet either, so hoping it will stay like this for a little while longer!

HannahsBaby - you should have you MAT B1 form by now! though it all depends on your appointments with your mw, so she may give it to you at your next appointment, but if has to be submitted to your employer by the 15th week before due date!

so today ive been at work and have had a little chat with my store manager, who spoke to my area manager on monday! and looks like i am going to be re-working when im going on maternity leave for a third time :-( i am now considering adding 2days to the holiday i have coming up in 3 weeks as we're going away to visit OHs family, and go to a wedding :) so will be nice to have a break before we go away! and then take a week off at beginging of june so i have a chance to get some things done before i get to huge! then take one day off a week till mid july, take two weeks of holiday and start maternity either week commencing 17th july as that puts me at 37 weeks!

still not sure though!

I'm officially starting maternity leave on 5th June :) but have 8 weeks annual leave to take first :)

I'm officially starting maternity leave on 5th June :) but have 8 weeks annual leave to take first :)

Oooooo you jammy cow!! lol!! I'm itching to see our HR department to get my date in officially. I'm planning on taking the 5 weeks annual leave that I have and tagging it on to the start, I'm not due til October but could possibly be finishing late june/ early july :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back