Wonder what people think

Jazz

Reaction score
Looking at family names and came across the name Hester is a girls name and means 'star' wonder what people thought xx

Hmm I'm not keen for a little girl sorry. The meaning is lovely though and I do think it's quite cute for a little boy x

Tapatalking :)

I'd say it was a boys name too if you asked me to guess. It'd be ok for a boy but I'm not keen for a girl. What about Esther sp* for a girl? It's very similar x

Its different which is always good but wouldn't be something i'd choose myself. x

I know that the book The Scarlett Letter made Hester popular cause that was the name of the girl in it....although the story is about her being shamed/called every name under the sun for being an 'adulterer' so I wouldn't want my daughter to be associated with that lol! I do think its quite nice though so if you've never read the book, then don't and you won't think of it ;)

I personally really like the name Hester! I am originally from the Netherlands and over there it's a completely normal cute girls name. xx

oooh I actually really love that name for a girl.... really classic and unusual

I always like Hetty too

Thank you thought be nice to have a old family name, won't decide until she is here x

I knew a Hester who was also a girl, I think it's pretty! X

I really like it, I think it would sound awful for a boy though. I have known a few Hester's, all female :)

Omy m8ddl3 nMe is unisex and ev3ryone iv ever met associates with boys ... my middle name is alexis and tbh when ppl realise its muly name it doesnt c4oss their mind to think its for boys b3cause they kno2 a femal3 al3x8s. If u love it go for it xx

One of my friends middle names is Hester and she always said if she has a daughter she'd call her Hester, Hetty for short. I guess you could always spell it Hesta, which looks a bit more feminine but I personally would always think of Hester as female xxx

Last edited:
Thank you :) don't want her having boys name or people taking mick TaffyRose I like the spelling Hesta xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back