Need some name suggestions.....

WILMAFLINSTONE

Reaction score
Well we have a massive list which believe it or not has been shortened but we still cant find anything that really stands out!

Only ones we do agree on atm is Matilda and Dominic....

BUT Im not sure I like either of them enough to call the baby these names....so I need some new inspiration and name ideas....

I dont like popular/common names...love old fashioned and taditional names love classical names and also like some unusual slightly quirky names....oh and a lot of the names on our list have been no no'd because they apparently sound like 'posh' names whatever that means so I apparently like posh names too....

So there you go...so come on ladies help me out with some new ones...xx

Heres my first list with many names which I still LOVE and WANT but DH doesnt like most of them!! lol

Boys....

William
Harry
Henry
Emmet
Emmerson
Matthew
Tristin
Oliver
Benedict
Blake
Patrick
Elliot
Dominic
Seth
Ross
Fraser
Hugo
Monty
Jared
Quinn

Girls....

Francis
Isla
Scarlett
Sophia
Matilda
Martha
Darci
Florence
Harriet
Francesca
Arrabella
Viola (DD fav)
Enya
Eliza
Nancy
Madeline
Pheobe
Alana
Felicity
Gabrielle
Hester
Verity
Nell
Saphire
Constance
Hattie
Betsy
Marissa
Emerald
Clarrisa
Clara
Valentina
Phillipa
Meredith
Larissa
Marta
Gretta
Magdelana
Aggie
Clemintine
Bridgit
Emmeline
Millicent
Allegra
Beatrice
Celeste
Brigitta
Honour
Laurel
Hebe
Elloise

Last edited:
With your list Wilma, you might have to resort to sticking a pin in one!

I love matthew, blake and elliot for boys. And i love Isla, Enya and clara for girls.

My mind has gone blank on new names coz i have your lovely name suggestions in my head now lol. I might get back to you xx

Ha you laugh Rosa I have said I will put them all in a hat and pick one out lol!!

Yes I like all those Tlass...I especially love Clara and Blake...will watch out for your brain storm soon lol xx

Wow that's a lot of names! I quite like Jude for a boy but not sure if would be the kind of name other boys would tease for at school! Always been a fan of Isla.

How about Aiofe (eefa) Irish name. I like that one.

I love matthew for a boy :D and Isla's a beautiful name x

Nell!!!!!!!!

Not that I'm biased or anything lol x

I love Emmeline and Hugo and Emmet for a boy Also like Fraser as that is top of my boys name list. I love Evelyn for a girl and Elsie is top of my list for girls names I like Esme too im a fan of names starting with E as you can tell haha x

Oh like Hector.... ;-) and wondered how aiofe was pronounced thanks for your suggestions ladies keep em coming!!

Still have lots of fav off my list its just getting DH to agree to them! lol

Told him if he doesnt come up with some of his own then I will choose! lol xx

Wilma I don't think you need anymore suggestions to add to your lists, you need to be scaling them back not adding to them! Lol xx

i like isla clara and blake and harry... tbh the names u have chosen arent what i wud prob go for so im struggling to come up with new ones sorry!!

me and dh wrote a list each of all our names we liked regardless of what the other thought... and then picked 10 each per sex and took it in turns to rule out ones and we ended up with Ella and Alfie.

and then we reverted to our very original choices of harry and madison lmao... but the elimination was great as the names we wer pushing for wer the ones the other hated most so it ruled them out immediately as neither of us wanted a name that the other didnt love xx

Emmet, Elliot and Clementine are my faves, think they're all lush lush lush.

I love Evangealine and Darcy for girls, I also quite like Pollyanna. Boys Lucas, Alexander and Alfie I like. =) xXx

i love william, harry, henry and matthew, although given your daughter's name, i'd steer clear of william now :lol:

girls, i love isla (she says taking a sip of isla negra :lol:) and i love niamh too, which isnt on your list i dont think!

just a thought....how about wilma or betty? ;) x

Last edited:
Oh thanks for your replies and suggestions ladies....I know we really need to scale it down but the ones Ive chosen DH doesnt really like a lot of them so thanks for the new suggestions!! I love Betty and Betsy but once again DH is into his boring plain names lol!! Keep em coming ladies lol xxx

Ps Like Niamh Alice.... :) xx

wow that's what you call a list!! I like Sebastian, Marshall, Tobias and Jonan for boys and girls i like Jennifer, Emily and Bethany. We are having a boy so haven't considered many girls namesxxxxxx

Here's some from a website:

Old lady chic

Here are some traditional girls' names making a comeback:

Ada, Agnes, Alice, Amelia, Audra, Audrey, Ava, Beatrice, Bessie, Blanche, Cicely, Cora, Cordelia, Dinah, Dora, Dorothea, Dorothy, Harriet, Edith, Elise, Elsie, Elspeth, Emily, Emmeline, Esme, Eva, Evelyn, Evie, Flora, Florence, Greta, Gretchen, Harriet, Hattie, Irene, Iris, Ivy, Lena, Lilith, Lillian, Mabel, Maisie, Maggie, Margaret, Martha, Mary, Matilda, May, Millicent, Millie, Meredith, Myrtle, Nell, Nellie, Nora, Olive (my Nan was Olive :)), Pearl, Rosaline, Rosalie, Rose, Winifred.

Grandad cool

And here are the boys' names which are popular again ...
Abraham, Albert, Alfie, Alfred, Archie, Archibald, Arthur, Benedict, Cecil, Charles, Charlie, Edward, Edwin, Eric, Ernest, Ezra, Frank, Freddie, Frederick, George, Henry, Jack, Reggie, Reginald, Stanley, Ted, Winston.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back