Will I feel tired for the duration?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
Ladies, I am shattered. The whole time. And no amount of sleep seems to make me feel rejuvenated.

Wondering if it's just Tri1 (hope it is) as I have so little energy for anything. I'm having 10+ hours a night, at weekends a 2-3 hour nap, then early nights again. I went to my Doc (in the absence of me being able to get hold of a midwife) to see if I may be anaemic, but she was reluctant to do much or give me anything until I get bloods done.

Anyone else feeling totally zonked?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

I know how you feel hun, all i do is sleep sleep sleep, but its hard work growing a baby, I've been reassured by every one that i know whos had children that it will stop after the first tri, so fingers crossed :nap:

I was anaemic in my last pregnancy, and had to be on iron tablets! we should be on top of the world with all the vitamins we are taking in the pregnacare tablet! x

Yep, yep and yep! I am constantly napping, and when I'm not napping, I'm lying on the sofa... it's a good job I'm not working at the moment really, I would've had to take so much sick leave! OH has been brilliant though, helping out so much.

haha *highfive* i am exactly the same!
im asleep by 10pm every night and durring the day im constantly exhasted and falling asleep. if i had the choice i would be in bed all day everyday
hopefully it passes =)

OHHHH same here (yyyyyaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn) lol :) I have a few hour around lunchtime where i fel ok then come 3pm im shattered again!! My hubby was saying "gosh ur not even 12 weeks yet" but like i said even though the baby is soooo tiny at the minute this is when your body works the hardest making a little human being. In a few months one the "major construction" is done im hoping it will get better so i can nest :)))) Hope you feel less sleepy soon :) xxxx

i am very tired to hun i have to drag myself to work in morning only because i need the money but am like a zombie all day they last couple days i been feeling very sick allllll day and not being sick :( i wanna cry x

Aww i'm totally the same, had a good 12 hour sleep last night and I still feel like a zombie. I could cry at the thought of going back to work tomorrow :-(

Also feeling totally emotional. Had a proper tantrum yesterday cause my bf was tidying the house and making me feel useless because I couldn't be bothered doing anything! xx

rachcraig - same here with the tantrums, over the tiniest thing like my darling oh has moved the arm chair so its not diagonal... normally this wouldn't bother me but i threw my dummy out the pram and went mad then cried lol

I can totally relate to this! Although I don't get chance to rest - working and a crazy 2 year old! I'm just smiling and getting on with it, as I feel if I were to stop for just a minute, I'll never get going again!!!

Im soooo tired and minding Aoibheann is tiring to , no time for naps :( . But during my last pregnancy I felt really energised around 16 weeks .

Normal! And for me, it did get better after the first tri with my two - I'm in the midst of it again now, and it's so hard! Last night I slept for 12 hours and STILL took an hour and a half nap today! I feel so lazy, but I just can't bring myself to do much of anything. (I've even had to sneak into treatment rooms at work over lunch to nap.) BUT it really does get better.

To be honest, you might get a few weeks of some nice high-energy boost in Tri2, and if you do get it, use it as much as you can.
You'll be zonked out again in Tri3 - like your mind is set on GO, but your body is set on sloooooow!

But you are growing another human being, so to be fair, you're bound to be tired x

To be honest, you might get a few weeks of some nice high-energy boost in Tri2, and if you do get it, use it as much as you can.
You'll be zonked out again in Tri3 - like your mind is set on GO, but your body is set on sloooooow!

But you are growing another human being, so to be fair, you're bound to be tired x

So true!! Im the same in tri three, and guess what, still being sick lol:wall2:

Yes I'm 11weeks and I feel absolutely exhausted! I put my daughter to bed at 7.30pm every night then usually hop in bed to watch tv and am usually asleep by 8 or 9pm! Then all day while she's at school I'm so extremely lazy, sitting on sofa watching tv, can't be bothered to tackle housework it all seems too much effort! It's been a nightmare with work, I've had so much time off especially as most of my hours are in the evening. I'm hoping my energy will return soon as I'm nearing my 2nd tri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back