Will anyone wait?

Mamafy

Reaction score
I am useless at names :wall2: It's the very last thing I think of, hence most of my kids being born and being nameless for days :blush:

My hubby keeps suggesting the odd girls name, whether he thinks bubs is a girl or not who knows :lol:

Is anyone else the same?

It literally took 8 months to think of a name but finally we came up with one and finalised it a week or so ago lol.

Finding a name is hard!!!!!! I totally understand people not naming their children for days. xx

I have to choose the name before they are born, including middle names , one set for a boy and one for a girl, I think if babby came out and I had no name ready, I would struggle and feel more under pressure to give it a name then, and may get it wrong.

We had a spare name for Toby, incase he came out with huge toby jug ears!

You still hav plenty of time to think on it , and test them out

what would your kids come up with?

Last edited:
We didn't have a set name for jacob, just ideas flying round but we took one look at him and jacob seemed to fit. I had a boy and girl name already picked for kieran so once he was born and i knew he was a boy he had his name and lucas had a name from about 23 weeks pregnancy.

I am almost certain your having a girl, :toonlass: i just feel it so tell OH to keep up with the ideas xx

With K I knew as soon as she was conceived practically! It was that for a girl or Daniel for a boy, kinda glad she was a girl liek :lol: With E I was convinced she was a boy and she was a harry! Then we eventually settled on amy, dunno if yous remember lol! But I didn't really like it and a week or so before she wa s born she became E! Which daddy didn't know til she was here!

I could never see how people could have babies and not have names, but after your first it's so hard!!

Were throwing names around already but I have a feeling were not going to agree on many! lol

DH likes Damien or Cory....no girls yet fro him! lol

I like lots atm....Clemitine....Marissa......Melissa-Rose (Melrose).....Harriet......Gabriella.....oh theres soooo many too many to list! lol

And for a bot Emmet....Oliver....Rowan....Chirstian.....Elliot....

DD likes Jasper..... and Marley !

I can see this little ones name being pulled out of a hat! lol xxx

Oh Mamafy, I'm exactly the same! Jacob was nameless for hours I had no names picked out of anything, I like to see what they look like first and Jacob looks like a Jacob and suits him perfectly!

i have a never ending short list of names i have a boys name sorted but girls names i have about 3 or 4 i love iv assigned names to hair colour but will prob change my mind again anyways lol

Wilma if you have boy/girl twins please can you call them hyacinth and emmett?! Please!!

Ros didn't have a name for a few days, we had a very open shortlist for the whole pregnancy

Wilma if you have boy/girl twins please can you call them hyacinth and emmett?! Please!!

Ha Alice i actually like hyacinth but DH would be distraught! lol

And you say twins in gest....my mam has had two sets of b/g twins and dhs mam one set of b/g twins!

Roll on 12 week scan! lol xxx

I never struggled for a girls name as i've had it in mind before we conceived this little monkey! Although boys names were the worst! Our is most likely to be a boy anyway as ALL OH's family are lads which made it worse! lol

ive always had the names sorted before i even caught but my OH dosent like em so now we have chosen the names

We're down to 6 of each so far. I reckon we'll narrow it down a little further but not be set on one cos until they're born, you don't really know (I think anyway!).

We had some names set in stone for our first, and I thought we'd be sticking to them, but my dear OH has said he doesn't think it would be right,so they're out of the window and we start from scratch.
*sigh*
He also keeps saying "he" ... does :toonlass: fancy predicting mine too!! Haha x

it's taken us until now to really be happy with names, we've found it much easier to think of girls names than boys names for some reason but I think we're settled now - hopefully it won't be long before we get to see if they suit the baby when he/she decides to make an appearance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back