Why do some babies sleep through and not others ???

Naterjack

Reaction score
There have been a lot of posts recently about babies sleeping through the night which usually get the same responses saying that babies dont usually sleep through BUT i was trying to work out why some babies do and others dont??

For Josh i thing the combination of being in his own room AND having the sleeping bag so he cant wriggle up the cot were the main contributing factors.

What do you think are the reasons for some babies sleeping through early and some not?
This is a genuine post as i really am interested to know what other think ?

Naterjack said:
For Josh i thing the combination of being in his own room AND having the sleeping bag so he cant wriggle up the cot were the main contributing factors.

This is exactly when Isla started sleeping through..when moved in her own room! We were having 2 hourly wakes ups in our room..the night she moved she had 11 and half hours straight!
When in with us I think maybe she would wake from light sleep, hear us and this would wake her more? Then she'd think "oo seeing as Im up i'll fuss" :roll: :think:
The sleeping bag helps loads too, as she is so "kicky" she would be always cold if she had blankets to boot off.

Austin started sleeping through from the first day I introduced solids (by that I mean 7pm to 7am, before I was still doing a feed at 10.30pm) Now when ever he starts early morning waking (5am - 6am) I shave 10 mins off his day time sleep total and he sleeps through again. I personally think it is usualy a combination of being well fed and not too much or too little day time sleep.

zach started sleeping through when he went in his cot, too!

after reading this flippin thread, wee man is SO going in his own room!!!!! :)

DD was in her own room from 4 or 5 weeks in a sleeping bag, on solids from 6 months, varied daytime naps but it wasn't until a week or so ago that she randomly started sleeping through from her 11pm feed to about 8am. No reason, it's just what she does now.

to answer your question, its simply because evry child is different.

I have hannah - 21 months old, NEVER slept through, takes AGES to fall asleep of a night, wakes up ATLEAST 3 times a night, always up for the day by 5:30am. (and shes been in her own room sinse she was 10 weeks old)

then i have...

Emily, 11 months old, has been sleeping through sinse she was weeks old. As soon as i lay her down shes out like a light. Sleeps for 14 hours of a night without so much a peep.

I raised both of them exactly the same, ive tried everything with hannah, nothing works. I did nothing different with emily..

so if anyone has a True answer to this id be very interested. :lol:

I'm with RedFairy. People are people, no matter how small. Some are owls, others larks.

I adore sleep, anytime, anyplace. Yet fate blessed me with a child who thinks sleep is the domain of the weak. :roll: :lol:

He STILL doesn't sleep through with any regularity.

From newborn Connie has always slept at night and awake during the day. She would have her feeds at night and go straight back to sleep. Went into her own room at 6 weeks with one of us in the spare bed until 10 weeks then slept through the night without bottle from 12 weeks after gradually cutting down the night feeds. We were waking each other up when she was in our room and she hated the crib as she likes to stretch out. Lots of fresh air during the day I think had a big impact on her sleep pattern but she was born in the summer so we walked miles every evening which knocked her out for the night. Not so easy to do this time of year in the dark. Now she goes 6.30pm until 7.30am (I have to wake her up in the morning the lazy little madam) but only naps an hour in the morning and half an hour in the afternoon.

Molly is a sleeper! She sleeps 12 hours at night and has at least 3 naps during the day. Today she was up at 8 then napped from 9 till 12 then another nap from 1:30 till 3, then another nap from 4.30 till 5.30 then to bed at half 7.

Some days I hardly see her, she's so lazy!

Blake is still in his basket next to my bed and he sleeps from half ten at night to 10 in the morning i now have to wake him at 10am for a bottle else he would just sleep through, he has been in a sleeping bad since we was 3 weeks old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back