breast-feeding - when do they sleep through?

leckershell

Reaction score
I heard babies should start sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks but when I mentioned this to Nat he said that's probably for bottle-fed babies and breast-fed babies would be at about 3 months :?

When did your breast-fed babies first start sleeping through? Ryan's nowhere near, he still feeds every 3 or 4 hours and doesn't even sleep much during the day.

m

I don't know about anyone else but Brody is still not sleeping through! :wall: :rotfl:

Sam is bottle fed and it's still hit and miss at nearly 8 months!!!!

:sleep: :sleep: :wall: :wall: :sleep: :sleep:

Gabriella was sleeping what I call through (8 hours) at 5 months. It started to get longer and longer from about 3 months if I remember rightly.

She now sleeps 12 hours.

How are you finding it?

Grace goes to bed at 6.30 pm and has a feed (bf) at 3 am then sleeps until 7.30 am

Ellie started sleeping from 7:30 - 7:30 with a dreamfeed at 11:30 at just under 8 weeks and she was exclusively breastfed so don't let that put you off. We dropped the dreamfeed at about 4months. Though I think I could probably have dropped it sooner.

MAke sure you feed reguarly during the day, I also found that cluster feeding on the evening really helped typically Ellie would feed 7:30, 10:30, 13:30, 16:30, 18:00, 19:30 during the day. Though often each day time feed slipped by 15mins / 30mins earlier at least especially during a growth spurt.

hey

renee is 3 months and still sometimes wakes up still.. but not fully awake she might move around with her eyes closed, but i give her boob and she goes back down.

congarts by the way hun :cheer:

I heard babies should start sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks

:rotfl: :rotfl: Ha, Ha, I wish!!! Evie is 8 months today and I'm still waiting :pray: :pray:

She currently goes to bed at 7.30pm after a BF then she wakes at around 1am and has a feed. Then she wakes again around 5am when she comes in bed with us til OH gets up at 7am. I have stopped giving her a feed at 5am which she seems fine with as long as she gets to cuddle up with us!!

One day...... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I'm exclusively b/feeding and DD has slept from 7/8pm til 7am since she was about 6/7 weeks old - she's sometimes grizzly in the evenings between 6-8pm but has not (I bet I've jinxed that now) yet woken between 8pm and 7am since she's been 6.5 weeks old (she's now 9).

Bizarrely, she started sleeping through and dropped the 3.30amish feed when we put her to bed in our room at 7pm and stopped taking her through with us to bed at 10 or 11pm - don't know how this worked as she was dropping two feeds (11pm and 3.30am) at once, but it did!

I am making the most of it as she has her first injections next Tuesday and will be starting to teethe in no time!

Xxx

leckershell said:
I heard babies should start sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks but when I mentioned this to Nat he said that's probably for bottle-fed babies and breast-fed babies would be at about 3 months :?

When did your breast-fed babies first start sleeping through? Ryan's nowhere near, he still feeds every 3 or 4 hours and doesn't even sleep much during the day.

m

it all depends. I wouldn't expect it till about 8 or 9 months.
Just bare with it. Enjoy the stage as it is. Co sleep and enojy the closeness - all too soon its over.

Fluffy Bunny said:
I heard babies should start sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks

:rotfl: :rotfl: Ha, Ha, I wish!!!

That made me LOL Fluffy Bunny :lol:
Isaac's not sleeping through, has at least 1 feed around 4-5am leckershell, but all LO's are different, my friends LO is breast fed and still doesn't sleep through at 4 months, I personally don't expect it anytime soon, their tummys are so small they need feeding often, unlike us with big bellies hehe :hug:

DD was breastfed and was sleeping through at between 8-10 weeks, DS is breastfed and still has hiccups... All babes are different, though DS is certainly getting a bit better at night now.

millie slept thru at 8 weeks (slept thru = 6 hours) but shes regressing now :roll: think shes ready for weaning maybe :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back