Why are boys names so hard?!

No, thats a new one to me....will have a look! Got a baby name book today so have been flicking through that too.

Have gone off Blake again....back to the drawing board lol. Thanks, i really love those 2 names aswell, mae is my mums middle name too so they have a bit of a meaning behind them. Xx

The absolute only reason why I wouldn't want a boy is because I have nothing to call him!!! Yeah, sure, I do have a list of approx 10 names, but neither DH or I love any of them, let alone agree on one!
I want to be drawn to a good, solid name for a boy, maybe of biblical origin, but that is not very common at all. It can't be a one syllable name and it can't be shortened either. You see why I'm having problems too?
Oh god, I hope I'm not one of those people that ends up calling it 'baby' for 2 weeks before deciding!
Saying that, we haven't decided on a potential girl's name either, but we have some options floating around.
We never even discussed our DD's name before she was born, it just very strangely came to both of us within minutes of the birth and we instantly disregarded the list we had! (We named her after a French tennis player - she's a summer born, so I was heavily into Wimbledon with my feet up that year!)

Last edited:
The absolute only reason why I wouldn't want a boy is because I have nothing to call him!!! Yeah, sure, I do have a list of approx 10 names, but neither DH or I love any of them, let alone agree on one!
I want to be drawn to a good, solid name for a boy, maybe of biblical origin, but that is not very common at all. It can't be a one syllable name and it can't be shortened either. You see why I'm having problems too?
Oh god, I hope I'm not one of those people that ends up calling it 'baby' for 2 weeks before deciding!
Saying that, we haven't decided on a potential girl's name either, but we have some options floating around.
We never even discussed our DD's name before she was born, it just very strangely came to both of us within minutes of the birth and we instantly disregarded the list we had! (We named her after a French tennis player - she's a summer born, so I was heavily into Wimbledon with my feet up that year!)

Isaiah is a biblical origin name that can't really be shortened.

I found boys names easier than girls names and had DS's name picked out from 20 weeks pregnant.

My lil lad was due 4 days ago (still waiting!!) And we only decided on his name yesterday! We had picked a name a few weeks back but i changed my mind so it was back to the drawing board and we just couldn't agree!

Maybe thats why he was late as he knew he didnt have a name! Hopefully he'll get a wiggle on now he can be called something other than bean!!!

XX

I like Holly the best from your names, they are lovely, but a little girly for me, so don't take it personally Claire! ha

I had terrible trouble naming my daughter Briony! everything was too girly... Now boys, I'd love one more baby, but I have a list of 10 names and I love them all - a few girsl names , but not that I love...

hard isn't it, but you have lots of time

My hubby and I couldn't agree so we got a baby name book and looked through it separately. We noted down the names we liked and then put the lists together. For a boy we had 3 that appeared in both our lists: Dylan, Mason or Riley. I feel in love with Dylan and that's what we went for when my little man arrived. We did the same with our girls names as we were team yellow but only had 2 to chose from.

I really like Rhia and Holly from your girls names. I think I would use Mae for the middle name for Holly too as to me it flows better x

Love reading through all these replies. Its so helpful to get other opinions :) Think we are going to chill out a bit about the names, we do still have a long way to go yet! Its just so exciting thinking about what ur going to call ur wee one! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back