Boys names are so hard!

fuffins1981

Reaction score
I am in tema green, so am having to consider boys and girls names.

However, finding boys names really hard.

No offence to anyone, but don't like the names that are in the Times baby name lists. The ones that everyone has.

My son is named Tyler. My partners daughter is named Ellie.

I have been thinking that I may go for another surname name. Didn't think of the fact that Tyler was a surname when I named him it.

So, I like Spencer. But OH isn't sure.

So, I am stuck!lol

We didn't have any problems coming up wth either boys or girls names. Our short list had 2 names for each sex on it and that was it. There was never a long list :lol:

We didn't even look at the Top whatever lists or trends. We pretty much agreed we liked the same names and that was it. And never changed our minds on them since then.

I'm not sure about Spencer :think: It sounds good in one way, in another way I can't quite put my finger on it doesn't quite work for me. Not much help am I :lol: End of the day its what you and your OH like and think will be a good name :)

Spencer makes me think ' oooh betty ' !! There was that dweeby boy off Eastenders too.

Other surname names could be....George, Harrisson, Bert, Taylor.... :think:

Hmm, it's harder that I thought to think of names like that.

I like Jonah :lol: :lol:

:oops: Sorry!!

I agree boys names are tough!

I like Spencer. Some other 'surnames'

Murray
Riley
Deacon
Dexter
Carter
Carson

LucyBee said:
Minxy said:

Oh god Minxy. I know it's wrong but when I hear 'Deacon', I just want to say 'Joey'. :oops:

:rotfl:

You naughty! :shock:

Guess I can cross it off my list then :roll: :wink: It hadn't occured to me :rotfl:

I have listed some surnames that can be used as first names. I actually like the name Spencer for a man but I can't imagine a baby with the name Spencer (stupid I know because everyone obviously starts off as a baby) :think: :lol: .

Fletcher
Jackson/Jaxson
Harrison
Bailey
Curtis
Harvey
Lucas
Taylor
Mackenzie
Clayton
Fraser
Jenson
Donovan
Harley
Morgan

i quite like Spencer, but i think it helps cos I know a little boy called Spencer who is lovely.
Other surname type names that haven't been mentioned...

Ellis
Elliott
:think: that's all I can think of at the moment.

I also like surname names (can't you tell!)

We're really stuck this time.

I like Jenson, Carter etc, but OH is still undecided.

sarah2807 said:
i quite like Spencer, but i think it helps cos I know a little boy called Spencer who is lovely.
Other surname type names that haven't been mentioned...

Ellis
Elliott
:think: that's all I can think of at the moment.

They are my fave names atm :D

I quite like Spencer :)

Thank you ladies!

I have appreciated each response and love some of the suggested names. Especially Carter!

Forgot about the dweeby biy named Spencer in Eastenders lol...He was a real dweeb....Not like any child of my womb :rotfl:

i'm having a boy but i am none the wiser of what i am going to call him!
my first baby i was the same until the moment i saw him (i called him kyle)
i have a little girl too which was also just as hard but i ended up wanting to call her ebony (which i did)
thinking of names is the hardest thing for me so im going to keep my eyes peeled to see if anyone comes up with names that i like.... pondering caleb and jack at the mo.... i have a very masculine surname......dulson.
i'm sure i'll think of something soon just trying to browse baby names online.

3rdbaby_duemay23rd said:
i'm having a boy but i am none the wiser of what i am going to call him!
my first baby i was the same until the moment i saw him (i called him kyle)
i have a little girl too which was also just as hard but i ended up wanting to call her ebony (which i did)
thinking of names is the hardest thing for me so im going to keep my eyes peeled to see if anyone comes up with names that i like.... pondering caleb and jack at the mo.... i have a very masculine surname......dulson.
i'm sure i'll think of something soon just trying to browse baby names online.

My son was Ethan until he was born....and then became Tyler lol

Caleb Dulson sounds lovely. Sounds like a star!

Spencer's nice but it wouldn't go with our surname - I like the sound of it though.

But I agree, boy's names do seem to be harder! Or maybe it's because we know we're having a boy now so we HAVE to choose one...we've considered:

Lleyton
Elijah
Ezekiel (but now this remind me of a certain fake member so it's put me off)
Dylan
And the current fave is Dexter...

I really like JAckson dont think ill convince oh tho.

Also Ashton,Bryson Mcgreggor,Sawyer (i love lost) and Riley

you've made me love the name caleb even more....thanks hun!!! :hug:
i think thats going to be my name of choice, i liked it when i first found out there was a lovely little bun in the oven and i forgot about it for a bit then started thinking of names again and ive been umming and ah-ing so thanks for helping me decide!
now just need to decide on a definite back up just in case caleb doesnt suit his little face.

i am thinking caleb as a first choice and ethan as a second.
i love this forum, tis full of lovely helpful mummies and mummies to be

sarah.x

mandspice said:
Spencer's nice but it wouldn't go with our surname - I like the sound of it though.

But I agree, boy's names do seem to be harder! Or maybe it's because we know we're having a boy now so we HAVE to choose one...we've considered:

Lleyton
Elijah
Ezekiel (but now this remind me of a certain fake member so it's put me off)
Dylan
And the current fave is Dexter...

Dexter is cool. I bet your son will be so cute that it will suit him down to the ground.

3rdbaby_duemay23rd said:
you've made me love the name caleb even more....thanks hun!!! :hug:
i think thats going to be my name of choice, i liked it when i first found out there was a lovely little bun in the oven and i forgot about it for a bit then started thinking of names again and ive been umming and ah-ing so thanks for helping me decide!
now just need to decide on a definite back up just in case caleb doesnt suit his little face.

i am thinking caleb as a first choice and ethan as a second.
i love this forum, tis full of lovely helpful mummies and mummies to be

sarah.x

Yay! I hope he does look like a Caleb. Even Caleb Ethan Dulson is sooo gorgeous.

My 9 year brother is Callum Ethan. They are names they go so nicely together.

I am thinking of Carson now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back