Who's still at work?

timsmom

Reaction score
I finish next Friday 14th March and god it can't come soon enough. I'll be 36 weeks by then so have done quite well to keep going this long although I carried on until 38 weeks woth Tim This chair feels like a bar stool and baby kicks me in the bladder everytime I move. Getting out of bed in a morning is a feat and sitting in traffic is not my idea of fun at the moment!!.

Wow, you trooper!! It's my last day tomorrow.

You certainly are a trooper, go you!!! I got to 28 weeks and was begging to go. I was so tired I couldn't face another 6 weeks of dragging myself to work.

I finish work next friday too! though I won't actually be going to work on my last day cos I've got a breast feeding workshop to attend :dance:

I only work 3 or 4 days a week so I could have probably lasted a couple more weeks. I just really can't be bothered with work anymore. Want to get my house spotless before baby arrives and spend some time with James. He's on Easter hols from school in a couple weeks :cheer: :cheer:

I was supposed to finish Friday 21st March when I'd have been 36 weeks. I don't know who I was trying to kid thinking I could work for that long!

I haven't worked properly for weeks because of Sciatica/SPD so I give all you ladies a big pat on the back who have managed to work right until the end :clap: :clap:

wow well done

i left at about 28 weeks due to anemia, urine inf and the like.

DebbieM said:

stop stop stop!!!!

I worked buntil 38 weeks with Tim , went to see my consultant next day who promptly whisked me in to hospital and delivered him by c section. I had hoped to have at least a couple of weeks cleaning ad mentally preparing.

Any reason why you are still beavering away?? Kick back, relx and look forward to bubbs arriving!!

Good luck honey, won't be long now!! :hug:

I'm still working, but have used my hols on taking every thurs and fri off. I'm due to leave at 37+3.. I'm really really struggling I must admit.

I am still at work - 2 jobs aswell

I don't finish one of them till the 4th April and the other till the 21st April.

timsmom said:
DebbieM said:

stop stop stop!!!!

I worked buntil 38 weeks with Tim , went to see my consultant next day who promptly whisked me in to hospital and delivered him by c section. I had hoped to have at least a couple of weeks cleaning ad mentally preparing.

Any reason why you are still beavering away?? Kick back, relx and look forward to bubbs arriving!!

No choice Im afraid...

I'm working officially for 4 more weeks and then having a KIT day every week to teach my exam groups that I'm abandoning!

I'm actually not working after 2 weeks though because of the Easter holidays. My first 'day' back at work is in July, which happens to be the first day of the holidays, so I get full pay for 6 weeks school holidays!

I had worked out that I could only afford to stay off for a certainb time because hubby is disabled and doesn't work and Disabled living allowence is CRAP!!!! So, I could afford to stay off untill two weeks after the summer hols, but then I figured, what does two weeks matter? It works out that if i go to work 2 weeks earlier, I get 8 weeks extra on full pay.

I don;t think I've explained it very well, but it makes sense to me!

5 weeks left for me :cry: will be finishing at 34 weeks but struggling
already as am a nurse in A&E and is pretty full on. And to think i was planning to work right up til the last minute! how ambitious was that? :shock:

i feel like such a wimp as im only 28wks and already work is killing me :lol:

deb u are amazing still working, dont think id last that long!!! im hoping to finish at about 36wks but im sure i'll wimp out before then :rotfl:

I'm still at work and will be until it hit 38 weeks, it's not too bad as I am only in an office and it's just for school hours but I am getting to the point where I really wanna have a sleep during the day.

Go to be there that long as I do the accounts and payroll and it works out that the VAT return and year end payroll is due the first week of April so if I don't do it no one else can!!!!

All of you that are still working at 35+ weeks are amazing - I really don't know how you do it :clap:

I gave up as early as possible (29/30 weeks) and it was a struggle to make it through to then. I think tiredness becomes the biggest problem in the end; when you're not sleeping well at night it really takes its toll.

I'm signed off for 3 weeks and then I have 2 weeks holidays.
So I'm off work but I don't start maternity leave until 7th April :D

My mat leave officially starts next Friday as well but I managed to save 8 days AL so have been off since yesterday. So relieved as was really struggling.
Debs are you working from home so you can have a rest or are you literally going off to work everyday? You must be exhausted?

timsmom said:
DebbieM said:

stop stop stop!!!!

No choice Im afraid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back