Do you know they answers?

dacocado

Reaction score
This is very long and I'll start by saying sorry and THANK YOU in advance for you help!!

I was just curious if someone could ease my mind. I am new to this forum and so glad I found it tonight. I am not sure how quickly people respond, but I look forward to any assistance you could provide.

I haven't had a menstrual cycle since Dec. 10th, 2004, which is normal for me, I am 37 and have a very irregular menstral cycle. I only have a period about 8-9 times a year ...which means it is very difficult to determine ovulation. I use the "fluid" test of clear and spongy ... I think that was the 3-6th of this month March. It usually last 2-3 days. Around Feb 14th I took prego test and it was negative ... but on March 15th took a First Response test and it was negative. On March 18th Friday night I used First Response test and had a veryfaint pink line with a dark pink line. I retested on Saturday March 19th, same brand same result. On Sunday, I took an EPT test, it said "pregnant". I should point out that I think conception took place the 5th, 7th or 8th ...

On Monday the 21st my labs said hcg 149. Does that seem like a normal range?

I must also tell you, I take prometriem the 10th through 20th every month, accept this time, I started on the 5th to be safe, when I knew I was ovulating. My lab came out 121 for progesterone level on Monday. The doctor said it was fine and because of the meds. Thursday the 24th I had labs again and my Hcg was 286 and progesterone was 35.80 ... My question is ... is this a normal increase??? I was told I am suposse to double ever 24-36 hours ... some things i read say 48 hrs ...some say not eveyone doubles and some have low hcg levels .... have you heard this? I should also add ...according to prenatal labs, I have a slightly elvated MPV 9.9 ... Is this serious?? According to our lab, normal is 6.0-9.0 ...on the internet, I have read 7.0-10.6 is normal??? Does anyone know??

Another question, my urinalysis was noted "moderate" for bacteria and mucous, what does that mean? And Lastly, my urinalysis posted epithelial cells ...25-50, chart says supposed to be 0 ...? does anyone have any answers?? The DR office was closed today for Good Friday, so I have been driving myself nuts all day.

In Nov 2002 I had a miscarrige at 8 weeks (6 weeks I heard the heartbeat and at 8 weeks nothing) I had a tear in the placenta. I had a D and C at 10 weeks. In Oct 2003 I had a Blighted Ovum (an empty sac) and carried it for 10 weeks and then, again had a D and C.

So, now you know why I am worrying. I pray often and ask G-d to please don't let me get pregnant again if I am going to have a miscarrige ... So now that I am, I have to beleive all is going to be alright, and I am worrying for nothing.

Do my levels "seem" OK? Has anyone else had a slow increase in Hcg?? Thanks for letting me vent. It sure feels good. I look forward to ANY help or advice anyone can give. I definitely feel pregnant, potty often, moderate cramping, NO BLEEDING, breast are tender, and tired.

I will being having labs again on Monday and go for all my prenatal stuff and U/S on April 12th. I am very blessed with 3 Wonderful miracles ...10y boy, 7y boy and 5 y girl ... yes I am very thankful!!!!! I just have felt it my heart I was going to have 4 or 5 kids and never thought my baby rearing years would in end in miscarriges.

I look forward to reading your answers. God Bless to you all!
We must all have Hope! It is so hard when you want something so bad! Happy Easter!

Again THANKS!

I had a misscarriage before also, and unfortunatly I do not know anything about "levels", but I just wanted to let you know that I read your post and hope all goes well with you- keep me updated. All the best :)

Well im not sure of levels either but i also read your statement and i also had a miscarriage 1 week before my delivery! all i can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you and im sure everything will be ok!
im currently waiting on my BFP so hopefully ill be pregnant again soon aswell!

good luck and God Bless you and you unborn baby!
keep me updated!

L

It has been awhile since I have written because I wanted to have hope and get further in my pregnancy. The good news is I had and U/S at 7 weeks and heard baby's HB and then again at 9 weeks ... both were strong and music to my ears. My levels ended up going from 286 to 1362 in 3 days! Doctors were very pleased ... all my labs came out great and they said not to worry about a thing. My U/S also was great both times. Now I just wait. I see the Doc again on May 24th for a check up .... I have definetly felt pregnant with breast tenderness, pottying in the middle of night, loss of appetite but hungry all the time. Anything at anytime can make me "lose my cookies" ... when any of the pregnancy stuff hits .... I just smile, becasue it is mother nature's way of validating that I am pregnant. I thank God daily for my Miracle!
Thanks for the kinds words ... God bless to all!

ST 37y
DT 37y
married 11/21/92
DRT boy 7/15/94
CJT boy 8/26/97
CET girl 11/23/99
MC (D&C) 8 weeks 11/02
blighted ovum (empty sac 6weeks and D&C 10weeks) 10/03
Miracle#4 due 11/16/2005

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.